Couzer

Ouch

My wife’s cousin that has Cerebral palsy had a drew a good tag and was able to take this bull. Took a tine to the eye

B6611E70-0A8C-4BF3-B8A6-EF5A9F5883B3.jpeg

AC191690-3501-4D2B-8BC4-4AA8FF2D31C7.jpeg

0253718B-B01E-44E8-A119-FA83DE258D67.jpeg

CDE4E4AD-A84B-4A1D-89AF-1A7D824367E8.jpeg

• Like 18
  • Wow! 5

Wow and congrats

• Like 1

1 hour ago, WHT_MTNMAN said:

Hey I know that guy and rifle! Congrats J!

Houston I had no idea you helped out, you are a good man! Appreciate it. Jacob and my Wife are cousins born a day apart. Jacob is like one of my brothers!

• Like 1

I'm glad it was the bull and not the guy that took a tine to the eye.

I cant remember what it was that I read, (or think I may have) but the jist was if an animal takes some kind of injury on one side of the body they can have messed up antler growth on the other side of the body.  Am I on crack or has someone else heard of this?  This bull would definitely fit that description. 

It may have been in the deer of the southwest book or that whitetail strategies book they used to sell at Walmart like 20 years ago.

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, CatfishKev said:

I cant remember what it was that I read, (or think I may have) but the jist was if an animal takes some kind of injury on one side of the body they can have messed up antler growth on the other side of the body.  Am I on crack or has someone else heard of this?  This bull would definitely fit that description. 

It may have been in the deer of the southwest book or that whitetail strategies book they used to sell at Walmart like 20 years ago.

I’ve heard that leg injuries can cause antler weirdness. I killed a buck once that had a big knot the size of a tennis ball on his lower front leg. I packed that leg out with me and at camp cut into it and found that the bone had been broken and healed and the bone had grown heavier around the past break. The cool thing was between the bone and the skin was a large capsule with a half dozen shards of broken bone. Both antlers were fairly normal. I’m so amazed at how resilient animals are!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, CatfishKev said:

My brother shot a buck long time ago in southern New Mexico. Had only three legs, front left leg was partially gone, right antler was all jacked up! Crack or no crack........I believe it!

• Like 1

On 10/21/2021 at 5:42 PM, WHT_MTNMAN said:

Hey I know that guy and rifle! Congrats J!

I know that rifle!  

Congrats to the hunter.  Cool bull, awesome extra find in the eye socket, and awesome job on the hunt and to those that helped.

• Like 1