joohnnybgood

Thompson Center Contender Rifle SS in .223 - SOLD

Thompson Center Contender Stainless Steel receiver, Boyd's Laminate thumbhole stock and forend, Stainless T/C 21" stainless barrel,  drilled and tapped for front and rear sights and scope base. Bought this a few years ago and never fired it. Excellent condition. Asking $900 or possible trades towards S&W revolvers. Other trades considered. 

20211017_142508.jpg

20211017_142525.jpg

• Like 1

Beautiful gun but its probably not stainless I would bet it's a armor alloy coated frame .if you can stick a magnet to it that would tell you for sure.I could be wrong but I thought only the g2 was stainless .the alloy was made from the 70s thru the80s .if it's a alloy gun the hinge pin is smaller and most uncoated barrels won't fit without modifying the frame or the pin slightly.

It is stainless if the serial number starts with a S. Alloy guns have yellowish color as well. I would say it is stainless as stated.

G L W S

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, Nitemann said:

It is stainless if the serial number starts with a S. Alloy guns have yellowish color as well. I would say it is stainless as stated.

G L W S

Your absolutely correct it is stainless if it has the s and armor alloy if it has a A for a serial #  I had to ask my dad he is big into them he also said the engraving is different .it is a beautiful gun and as a rifle would be great for a youth gun as most had a little shorter length of pull he said.

Good info guys. It is definitely Stainless and has an "S" prefix in the Serial Number. The rifle as pictured weighs 5 4 pounds on a Bathroom scale. I'll warn you now...these things are addicting.

• Like 1