Sign in to follow this  
peckl1

campground safety

In 36A tonight I came across a vacant camp. It was used Thursday night through this morning around 10AM. I stopped to check the camp this evening and found 3 baseball bats and a padded toilet seat. I checked the campfire and if you would expect it to not be warm, you would be wrong. I used 2 gallons of water to cool it off.

Please if you come out and camp and I hope you do. Please practice safety rules. I know most of you do.

But with all of the dry grass and weeds we have, we don't need a wildfire!

Thanks for reading!

So, I’m confused, the padded toilet seat and 3 bats correlated into a a kinky weekend get away? 

JK, I’m with you on the fire thing , people are idiots as a whole

I put the info about the bats and seat to make sure if the campers were members they might comment or contact me to get the stuff back.

on a more serious note, once I came into a camp, Its my practice to take a shovel and clean out the fire pit, to my suprise, the pit had several live .22 lr rounds  buried in it.

Glad I did, what kind of petson would do that ?

Like to meet that person

We put out a smoking fire pit on our elk hunt. The campers left sunday morning. On our drive in I noticed the camp site was smokey so we backed up. They piled some rocks on top, but left it hot and smoking. Lack of water isn't an excuse, they were 20 feet from a flowing creek. 

12 hours ago, NOTAGS said:

So, I’m confused, the padded toilet seat and 3 bats correlated into a a kinky weekend get away? 

Were any hobbles found?

But seriously, your safety advisory is probably not hitting the right audience here but thanks for the reminder. Maybe try Facebook or Twitter?

16 hours ago, peckl1 said:

I stopped to check the camp this evening and found 3 baseball bats and a padded toilet seat.

Sounds like they beat the crap out of someone

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

What jerks my chain, is the common folk will lump those people in to the group of "hunters". In my recent single life, I have explained the difference between ethical hunters, and people to hunt to many lady friends. They are always surprised at the amount of anger myself and many others have towards the "people who hunt" crowd. The same guys who leave their fires smoldering, trash around camp, and all the other dumb crap people do. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Roosevelt Mark said:

Yep, the fire don't get rid of your beer bottle 's either.  They don't just dissappear.

Never built a fire hot enough to melt my Copenhagen lids either. Doesn’t stop me from trying and I won’t quit making “bottle art”. I dang sure rake that crap out at the end of the trip though. 

• Like 1