Sign in to follow this  
recurveman

I phone 12 digiscoping issues

So I was out taking some video of some rams this weekend with my I-phone 12, BTX and the outdoorsman digi scoping phone case and eye piece adapter.    When I tried to zoom in with my phone in video mode it would just turn black or blink black and then a normal pic.    Does anyone know of a solution for this.   I never had a problem with my I-phone 10.  

You have 2 options, get a phone scope adapter that can change to the different lenses or just set it on the zoom lens and plan on backing out your spotter or binos and using the zoom of the phone. 

6 minutes ago, firstcoueswas80 said:

Use a droid, problem solved.

I prefer android but all the newer phones have multiple lenses, I'm having the same problem on my samsung

Just now, WHT_MTNMAN said:

I prefer android but all the newer phones have multiple lenses, I'm having the same problem on my samsung

What do you have? My current phone is  Galaxy 21, but I saved my old Galaxy 10 and it works perfectly with the phone skope. Granted, I have only taken a dozen or so photos, but I have loved it!

Just now, firstcoueswas80 said:

What do you have? My current phone is  Galaxy 21, but I saved my old Galaxy 10 and it works perfectly with the phone skope. Granted, I have only taken a dozen or so photos, but I have loved it!

S21 ultra  only zooms from 1-4x before it wants to move to another lens 

I still have the iPhone 8 because of this problem. I am hoping someone came up with a fix by now because I need to upgrade soon because of battery issues. 

Download the phone scope app, it lets you choose which lens you want to use and you won’t  have the issue.  

Anyone use an SME Spot Shot? It creates wifi between it and your smart phone. Multiple smart phones can hook up to it. And they cost just a few dollars more than a phoneskope.

This is a video I took of a small buck through my 15's a couple of years ago. It was windy so there is some vibration. The original video is much sharper than this

the SME looks interesting.   I just don't know if I need another piece of gear to carry around.   It doesn't look small and weighs about 1 pound.   If I was doing a bunch of shooting that would be a cool tool.   

I downloaded the phone skope app and I'm going to mess with that this week and see if that helps.    I think once I lock the camera it will be just fine.