Sign in to follow this  
Adicted

Any illegal action down south this year on deer hunts

On 10/26/2021 at 8:50 AM, Non-Typical Solutions said:

There is literally no need for them to be out in the boonies cause they have a free pass at the river in Texas :( 

Foxtrot.                                                           Juliet.                                                                 Bravo

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

On 10/26/2021 at 10:24 PM, trphyhntr said:

The most dangerous ones are in 36a I was told 

I heard the same years ago (early 2000’s) from a border patrol agent. I remember him saying stay away from the black hills in 36a……why do you suppose that is?

I saw a guy shoot three times and blow two legs off a running deer in unit 36A

He looked for it about 15 minutes and then headed back to the road.

I caught up with him and showed him where I saw the buck lay down. I assume he went back for it, but not sure.

Is that illegal activity?

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, zslayer said:

I heard the same years ago (early 2000’s) from a border patrol agent. I remember him saying stay away from the black hills in 36a……why do you suppose that is?

I was in 35b a few years back and came across 4 BP agents on horseback about a mile off border. After asking what critters they might have seen, they were pretty tight lipped. The guys rode off and the guy bringing up the rear said the 3 guys ahead were hunters and they had seen a few. I chuckled to myself and thought to myself good for them! One of the perks of a shitty job! Especially now!

Cracks me up the fear I hear in people about the border. Some of the best hunting is within a couple miles of the border because we are afraid to go down there. I’ve actually had more trouble in northern units with theft in camps than in the southern units. It’s possible I’m in the minority. If you’ve ever worked with the Mexican people, most are very grounded, honest, hard working people. They aren’t the criminals, ( drug runners aside but they definitely don’t want to cross your path) our government officials are the criminals! So go out hunt in your country!! And stop letting high fuel prices stop you from scouting more. Cut back on something else and burn the fuel! The climate change dip shits want to see us use less petroleum! I’m done!

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Sky Island junkie said:

Cracks me up the fear I hear in people about the border. Some of the best hunting is within a couple miles of the border because we are afraid to go down there. I’ve actually had more trouble in northern units with theft in camps than in the southern units. It’s possible I’m in the minority. If you’ve ever worked with the Mexican people, most are very grounded, honest, hard working people. They aren’t the criminals, ( drug runners aside but they definitely don’t want to cross your path) our government officials are the criminals! So go out hunt in your country!! And stop letting high fuel prices stop you from scouting more. Cut back on something else and burn the fuel! The climate change dip shits want to see us use less petroleum! I’m done!

Nobody said anything bad about Mexicans itt. But theyre not sending their best 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, trphyhntr said:

Nobody said anything bad about Mexicans itt. But theyre not sending their best 

All I’m saying is for the most part the ones coming across the border are good people and it’s not their fault that this country get its shoot together and fortify the border. Remember the 500 drug runners that may cross daily are supplying 500,000 white tweeter pos drug dealers in this country! We obviously don’t want to stop the activity!

6 minutes ago, Sky Island junkie said:

All I’m saying is for the most part the ones coming across the border are good people and it’s not their fault that this country get its shoot together and fortify the border. Remember the 500 drug runners that may cross daily are supplying 500,000 white tweeter pos drug dealers in this country! We obviously don’t want to stop the activity!

dang, and I thought I might like you. Then you start talking about race, and drug dealers in the states when we’re talking about hunting on the border around drug runners and human smugglers. 

1 hour ago, trphyhntr said:

dang, and I thought I might like you. Then you start talking about race, and drug dealers in the states when we’re talking about hunting on the border around drug runners and human smugglers. 

You’re right what I ranted about was not talked about here. Had a conversation with a guy yesterday about some advice about his hunt after Thanksgiving in 36b. Gave him some spots in the 2-6 mile range off the border and he freaked out about being that close. I asked him why he even put in for that unit and he really didn’t have an answer. I hear that all the time, not necessarily from guys on here but in general. 

3 hours ago, zslayer said:

There are a bunch of water and food drops for them around those hills. I've seen them.. 

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Sky Island junkie said:

I asked him why he even put in for that unit and he really didn’t have an answer. 

The situation has changed drastically down there. Ever since Uncle Joe raised his sleepy plugged head.

3 minutes ago, Edge said:

The situation has changed drastically down there. Ever since Uncle Joe raised his sleepy plugged head.

Maybe it will get too dangerous for all the californicators on the Jan OTC hunts. 

• Like 2
  • Love 1

48 minutes ago, Edge said:

Yes it has. My bud and I were glassing a couple days before the season opened, he said that he was going to get alittle higher to see if he could get a signal for his cell phone. When he came back he said that he thought he set off some kind of a sensor that was hanging in a tree. Next thing a BP vehicle rolls up and 2 agents hop out, and Rob ask if he set off one of their sensors, and one of them said No it was illegals, and I ask if they were Mexican  (after finding that Guatemalan ID card), and he said These days you never know. Then they left in the opposite direction Rob was in.