Sign in to follow this  
Adicted

Any illegal action down south this year on deer hunts

A few years ago an acquaintance and his buddy had wt tags in the Whetstones. They hunted the west side somewhere and were home by Saturday. He said Saturday morning they came across several immigrants in the dark in a wash. One of them ( likely the coyote) spoke perfect English to them asking if they were hunting and after a couple minutes of small talk they parted ways. After chewing on it a couple hours they decided to break camp and go home. Burned their tags. Wonder if G&F has taken this into consideration when deciding on tags numbers in these units?

43 minutes ago, Sky Island junkie said:

A few years ago an acquaintance and his buddy had wt tags in the Whetstones. They hunted the west side somewhere and were home by Saturday. He said Saturday morning they came across several immigrants in the dark in a wash. One of them ( likely the coyote) spoke perfect English to them asking if they were hunting and after a couple minutes of small talk they parted ways. After chewing on it a couple hours they decided to break camp and go home. Burned their tags. Wonder if G&F has taken this into consideration when deciding on tags numbers in these units?

Did they call BP?

I’ve run into several over the years, no problems but I just get concerned when hunting with my kids down there during the youth hunt.   If I see them from a distance I just go around them I just don’t want to come across some by surprise in a wash somewhere with my kids with me.  Even then though they don’t want to bring any attention to themselves anymore than they have to.

• Like 1

We saw two groups of illegals in 36b.  A group of 8 and a group of 6. All were wearing dark green outfits and carrying largish backpacks.  None of them appeared to be armed.  Both instances, we called border patrol to report them.   

• Like 3

Wife and I were glassing from a little knob in 35a and about 10 or so came walking right below 80 yards or so. One of them saw us and they scattered. 2 of them that looked as if to be brothers were behind a big boulder, I gave kind of a friendly wave and the younger one waved back. The older one backhanded the one that waved back in the shoulder! We laughed for days about that!

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, zslayer said:

I’ve run into several over the years, no problems but I just get concerned when hunting with my kids down there during the youth hunt.   If I see them from a distance I just go around them I just don’t want to come across some by surprise in a wash somewhere with my kids with me.  Even then though they don’t want to bring any attention to themselves anymore than they have to.

Can’t blame you for not taking chances with kiddos!

Hunters reported being shot at by AK-47 full auto fire in 36B on Monday. The area was south of Arivaca and south of Ruby Rd According to the report. Several different agencies responded.

• Thanks 1
  • Wow! 1

4 armed camo clad cartel men drew down on a guide tracking a buck on A mountain above Arivaca on tuesday.ak-47's

5 hours ago, AZLance said:

Hunters reported being shot at by AK-47 full auto fire in 36B on Monday. The area was south of Arivaca and south of Ruby Rd According to the report. Several different agencies responded.

Did the hunters return fire and get them? 

Negative.a blackhawk flew in low after dark,blacked out and circled the mountain and hovered for a while.I dont know what happend after that.

dang, hate to say this but I'm a bit nervous now. I have the day after Thanksgiving hunt and I'm in 36B.