Sign in to follow this  
Adicted

Any illegal action down south this year on deer hunts

11 minutes ago, Ghostbird said:

Negative.a blackhawk flew in low after dark,blacked out and circled the mountain and hovered for a while.I dont know what happend after that.

I have seen that in 29 before,  at night. But that was 10 years ago.     Terrible. 

6 minutes ago, Quagmire said:

dang, hate to say this but I'm a bit nervous now. I have the day after Thanksgiving hunt and I'm in 36B.

No warning shots...they probably won't f with you, they are on a mission to the new free land.

But it does suck. I'm out personally.  I'm  in the carp game .

Adicted, what have you heard? I've been hunting 36B for 8 years now without any incidents.

6 days in 36C and no sign of illegal activity where we were. 

7 minutes ago, Quagmire said:

Adicted, what have you heard? I've been hunting 36B for 8 years now without any incidents.

36b had some issues.  Nownothers confirmed. Was just checking what others saw

A couple years ago I was hunting deer around sasabe. I had illegals come to my camp in the middle of the night and start taking our stuff. Even knocked on my trailer doors to see what we would do.  I also had a guy drive up on a quad behind my quad and start taking stuff off the back of it while I was on a little berm glassing deer about 30 yards away From my quad. I let a couple shots fly overhead that day. 

I know there’s good hunting down there but I’ll never go back.

We were in 36b in Feb for a ham hunt; stumbled across a couple illegals in a misquote thicket at less then 10 yards. Said Buena seurte and kept going....called bp....and got some firewood piled in our camp after the next mornings hunt. Green firewood but firewood how often does that happen? Freaked me out a little bit. I don't think BP had much of a response to my call

• Like 1

Anyone that's going to be in down near Arivaca for the upcoming hunts that wants to see some stash houses there are a few here.one is right next to la siesta campground!where mesquite road crosses hardscrabble.

1 hour ago, Tropicalmulch said:

We were in 36b in Feb for a ham hunt; stumbled across a couple illegals in a misquote thicket at less then 10 yards. Said Buena seurte and kept going....called bp....and got some firewood piled in our camp after the next mornings hunt. Green firewood but firewood how often does that happen? Freaked me out a little bit. I don't think BP had much of a response to my call

Seems like I’m never in cell range to get out but I’ve come across bp agents sitting along a road and given them coords and they don’t seem to be too interested. 

I was camped in La siesta campground by the gentleman who reported the Ak-47 shooting south of Arivaca. He was hunting with his 2 young sons when it happened. We only seen 2 illegals ourselves but we did notice more then usual people putting water out for them.

On 10/28/2021 at 6:29 AM, Sky Island junkie said:

Cracks me up the fear I hear in people about the border. Some of the best hunting is within a couple miles of the border because we are afraid to go down there. I’ve actually had more trouble in northern units with theft in camps than in the southern units. It’s possible I’m in the minority. If you’ve ever worked with the Mexican people, most are very grounded, honest, hard working people. They aren’t the criminals, ( drug runners aside but they definitely don’t want to cross your path) our government officials are the criminals! So go out hunt in your country!! And stop letting high fuel prices stop you from scouting more. Cut back on something else and burn the fuel! The climate change dip shits want to see us use less petroleum! I’m done!

If you walk into the middle of a drug mule a few times you might think different. 

On 10/28/2021 at 9:12 AM, bigorange said:

Maybe it will get too dangerous for all the californicators on the Jan OTC hunts. 

Pray that they will grab a few.