stalkincoues

***SOLD*** Sightron SIII SS Long Range Scope 6-24x50 MOA-H Reticle

https://sightron.com/products/siii-long-range-6-24x50 link for details and specs.  Weighs in at exactly 24oz. 

Great scope, just won’t work with my setup.  I need one with a super low pro windage adjustment apparently.  I had it on my Sako 7mm Mag but the Sako ejectors eject casings at such an extreme angle that the brass hits the windage turret and drops right back into the action.  Not the best for a hunting situation lol.

In great shape.  Does have rings marks from my Burris signature series Zee rings with plastic bushing inserts so I’m surprised any marks were left.  Reticle is a MOA-H.  Great glass, made in Japan.  Never hunted with.  Only used at the range a few times to work on load development and has sat in the safe the rest of the time since I found out it needs a new barrel.  Glass in great shape, no scratches or marks.  Includes a Sightron branded scopecoat.  VERY thick and nice cover.

I have the box for it somewhere but could not find it today for the life of me.  Will post up if I can locate it.   

Located in the Morenci area.  

E0FDD99D-6D1B-4321-9319-9A9C2DE4AB12.thumb.jpeg.6de4fc4562712e5e2f67844255bd8fbe.jpegC4F473AF-0F4C-4EBD-B3E5-A5CB339A7888.jpeg.3e1961290fcf6b8fa222ae7df7bb945a.jpegFB0A5BB8-507D-4A41-81C4-ABC3E3026D88.thumb.jpeg.81edbd13e44563d00e1d4fb22e0dafdc.jpeg858FEEB3-A43C-451A-B90D-A66F00D252B0.thumb.jpeg.0fc1919c95edee31dc2b0670ca5848e7.jpeg3E9ECB22-6AEF-43BA-A91D-6FFE77199F4E.thumb.jpeg.d6667bb6e5599788118a7db79cbb2762.jpegEE5B4B23-5E37-423C-B60F-252D4E89029F.thumb.jpeg.90418d7fd080cb2b04095545a41fdd03.jpeg221EA2F3-1184-4456-A34F-0BC56C12EA53.thumb.jpeg.8dedcb81f85cb580a5b1bf6b37ca5150.jpeg

I was thinking why not just remove the windage knob and use the hash marks for hold-off.  But with 2fp you can only do that at highest power for true MOA hold.

Nice scope however.  You must be in shape to lug that outfit up and down the hills.  Did you shoot the barrel out on your Sako?  How many rounds did that take?

• Like 1

6 hours ago, forepaw said:

I was thinking why not just remove the windage knob and use the hash marks for hold-off.  But with 2fp you can only do that at highest power for true MOA hold.

Nice scope however.  You must be in shape to lug that outfit up and down the hills.  Did you shoot the barrel out on your Sako?  How many rounds did that take?

I never considered taking off the windage knob.  Just popped it off to see and internals still protrude .937” vs 1.06” so not much difference.  Looks pretty tacky with it off though lol. 

It was my fathers rifle and we grew in a swamp cooler environment.  I’m not sure how many rounds he had through it?  Just a hunting rifle that didn’t get shot that much so doubtfully shot out.  I had it bore scoped and the barrel was pitted pretty bad in places so my gunsmith was thinking possibly the powder residue inside absorbed moisture and rusted internally.  I’ve had it restocked, bedded, and Cerekoted.  Need to have it re-barreled, and get a smaller scope for it.  

1 hour ago, stalkincoues said:

I never considered taking off the windage knob.  Just popped it off to see and internals still protrude .937” vs 1.06” so not much difference.  Looks pretty tacky with it off though lol. 

It was my fathers rifle and we grew in a swamp cooler environment.  I’m not sure how many rounds he had through it?  Just a hunting rifle that didn’t get shot that much so doubtfully shot out.  I had it bore scoped and the barrel was pitted pretty bad in places so my gunsmith was thinking possibly the powder residue inside absorbed moisture and rusted internally.  I’ve had it restocked, bedded, and Cerekoted.  Need to have it re-barreled, and get a smaller scope for it.  

Gotcha.  Another thing to consider (doesn't mean it will work) is snipping one coil off the extractor spring.  If it is really throwing cases, possibly a little weaker grip on the rim might give you enough clearance but still keep positive extraction.  I don't know if it would be possible to do a little light grinding on the ejector which might change the angle the cases are following.   Sounds like your plan should make the problem go away.

Nice rifle.  Set up  right.  Bet it is a long-range hammer with a good barrel.

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, forepaw said:

Gotcha.  Another thing to consider (doesn't mean it will work) is snipping one coil off the extractor spring.  If it is really throwing cases, possibly a little weaker grip on the rim might give you enough clearance but still keep positive extraction.  I don't know if it would be possible to do a little light grinding on the ejector which might change the angle the cases are following.   Sounds like your plan should make the problem go away.

Nice rifle.  Set up  right.  Bet it is a long-range hammer with a good barrel.

My gunsmith had ground an edge of the extractor claw to try and change the angle and moved the scope fwd and back but couldn’t get it.  Will rescope with low pro capped windage and see what we get.  It had an old Redfield scope on it and wasn’t an issue previously.  Thank you for the advice.