Sign in to follow this  
carpcody

Dads Buck

My little brother (zackcarp) and his wife found this buck. Unfortunately opening day we got the news that our dad had passed away so we left thinking we were done. Fortunately i was able to return with some friends a couple days later and make it happen. I know that I had my dads help getting it done. This buck will be known as my Dads buck from here on. I got my passion for hunting from my dad and am doing my best to pass it on to my daughters. 

D90263E6-F0F0-4EC7-AB76-47BA55BDF3EE.jpeg

E2460B16-6D67-4258-B137-C9AE73A01BAE.jpeg

D413CE95-9755-42B3-B876-996AFF61F05A.jpeg

B53B6708-FB3F-407E-A586-3FF9B19F59A1.jpeg

EA77A2AD-F6AC-44B3-A582-A9DDBC687505.jpeg

• Like 37
  • Love 2
  • Great Buck! 2

Awesome buck I love that tall look with the extras.  So sorry to hear about your dad, nice tribute

• Like 1

I have two of these as well. My Grandmother passes as I was setting up camp for a deer hunt, memorable hunt reminiscing about her.

My grandfather passed 2 days before opening day of my archery bull tag. An incredibly emotional hunt feeling as though he was there with me. 

I can only imagine how it felt with having your dad "with" you.

• Like 5

Great buck and great memories.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, firstcoueswas80 said:

I have two of these as well. My Grandmother passes as I was setting up camp for a deer hunt, memorable hunt reminiscing about her.

My grandfather passed 2 days before opening day of my archery bull tag. An incredibly emotional hunt feeling as though he was there with me. 

I can only imagine how it felt with having your dad "with" you.

It definitely felt different than a regular hunt that’s for sure. Kinda weird how it’s even more motivating. 

Really sorry to hear about your pops. That mount will take you down memory lane for years to come. Man you Zack and pops all look alike big time too. 

• Like 1