Sign in to follow this  
Coueser

Kaibab Report

12 hours ago, Gringo said:

I’ve heard this said before…. That is unbelievable that a professional guide would drive people around Road hunting, and the clients are OK with it…..

SMH

I have done a lot of of hunts where I have to hike 5-7 miles into back country and a lot where you are hurting your odds greatly by getting away from the truck.  I do whatever it takes for my hunt to be successful and sometimes that’s a pack in and sometimes it’s truck glassing.  No rule out there saying you need to hunt the same way anyone else does and vice versa.  

• Like 7

13 hours ago, lancetkenyon said:

A blind, made of steel, usually in Detroit, with a motor and 4 wheels.....

...with a windshield and a heater.

• Like 2

10 hours ago, yotebuster said:

I have done a lot of of hunts where I have to hike 5-7 miles into back country and a lot where you are hurting your odds greatly by getting away from the truck.  I do whatever it takes for my hunt to be successful and sometimes that’s a pack in and sometimes it’s truck glassing.  No rule out there saying you need to hunt the same way anyone else does and vice versa.  

I've hiked down ravines and back up canyons on the Kaibab and just laugh at myself because I meet up with another road.

Roads are all over up there, hence it making it attractive and productive to road hunt.  I've seen some monster bucks killed this way.

Just not my style.

• Like 3

Definitely a struggle up here in 12 East and the wind isn’t helping I have only seen maybe 10 deer in the last 3 days glassing. Still have yet to see a buck and my 12 year old is getting itchy

On 11/7/2021 at 6:40 PM, 5nRamirez said:

Definitely a struggle up here in 12 East and the wind isn’t helping I have only seen maybe 10 deer in the last 3 days glassing. Still have yet to see a buck and my 12 year old is getting itchy

Hey man that was a tough hunt, I think I talked with your kids on Sunday morning at Jacob lake and if they were, awesome kids. We were seeing 40-50 does a day Wednesday-Friday all up high. Only saw 2 spikes and a forky on Friday morning and tons of does. Ran into a small 4x on Friday night on telephone hill and hunt was done. Hope you guys get it done.

B3E6D6FD-7FF5-4B69-A622-9F81239960B2.jpeg

• Like 6

People don't understand when hunting the 12s that bucks are not under every tree, it's not easy at all. 

Congrats on a great deer. All the  report's I have had from darn good hunters is it was extremely tough. 

• Like 2

Thanks coffeeman yes that was my boy and his cousin you talked to. We definitely struggled to find deer the first couple days but eventually got into a few. We hunted down low the start of the hunt saddle mountain area and didn’t turn up anything. Never saw a deer over 150” entire time up there.

ended up with a little 4x on the last morning I will type up a story after work.

ADCD7EB2-54F3-4255-8DF7-5013569E0649.jpeg

• Like 11

On 11/4/2021 at 6:05 PM, lancetkenyon said:

A blind, made of steel, usually in Detroit, with a motor and 4 wheels.....

Lol I never heard of this phrase.  

• Haha 1

On 11/4/2021 at 8:57 AM, Gringo said:

I’ve heard this said before…. That is unbelievable that a professional guide would drive people around Road hunting, and the clients are OK with it…..

SMH

What if it was the best way to get a good buck at the time? 

• Like 1