I reject homosexuality, you reject Christianity, I guess that makes us both bigots and I can live with that......I will flat out admit that according to the dictionary definition I am a bigot to the end through and through.....

i was thinking the same thing, oh well!

we call it our beliefs and faith, you call it ethics or whatever you call. either its the same in some respect. you choose not to do something wrong for whatever reason and we choose not to do it because it goes against our beliefs.

OK

let me tell you, not once, not once im my life- at home or at church- have ever heard a word on not paying taxes or anything to do with taxes. let me ask you, do you give money and support peta and other tree hugging orginizations?

The reason people give to justify amending the constitution cannot/should not be strictly religious. So they give the monetary reasons. It's all about survivor benefits and insurance. As for your question. No, I despise PETA. I give my money to the NRA, RMEF, DU, DAV (Disabled American Veterans) and Paralized Veterans of America. If I had more I would probably give to more sportsmen friendly conservation groups.

and dont talk christianity with a surface knowledge. as it was said before we hate actions not actors. please dont try to tell me what i believe.

I'm not sure what you are getting at but it seems you make an assumption about me and my knowledge of world religions and Christianity. I grew up a Christian. I believed and I attended services. During my time in the Army I started questioning things and learning more and more. I almost minored in religious studies in college but decided against delaying graduation a semester just so I could take two more classes to get a minor.

I'm not telling anyone what they believe, just staing observations. I know it is stereotyping to attribute my observations of X-number of people onto the whole but if it looks like a dog and barks like a dog...One might be inclined to think it is a dog.

The biggest point of this thread is religious freedom as pointed out in the original post. People want to discriminate against homosexuals because they do not share their religious values. Thus taking away the freedom of another demographic.

Again I say WOW!

That's a pretty B R O A D defination of bigotry. In fact by that defination no one with an opinion would be excluded from being a bigot??? So just because you prefer to watch figure skating on Sunday afternoon and I like the NFL now you're labeling me a biggot???? Biggots are people haters plain and simple. Disapproval of a persons actions is a huge difference. Being Christian and believing that homosexuality goes against the teachings of God is a far cry from bigotry!

Not my definition, Dictionary.com. I can look for another if you'd like. And no I don't care for figure skating.

As for rejecting things. Thats not bigotry. It is discrimination that makes it so. Nobody is trying to withold the rights of Christians. I believe in freedom. You know; "Liberty and Justice for all"

1. stubborn and complete intolerance of any creed, belief, or opinion that differs from one's own.

You posted it, not us....

In our opinion homosexuality is wrong and in your opinion christianaty is wrong woldn't that make us all bigots?

"And no I don't care for figure skating." so by your posted defination you're a bigot? After all that's your opinion?

Sounds like you get an opinion when it's convienent for you, but if the rest of us have an opinion we're bigots?

Perhaps if we word our opinion like you word yours we'll be ok?........ And no I don't care for homosexuals. Does that sound better?

Sounds like word games to me.

Not my definition, Dictionary.com. I can look for another if you'd like. And no I don't care for figure skating.

As for rejecting things. Thats not bigotry. It is discrimination that makes it so. Nobody is trying to withold the rights of Christians. I believe in freedom. You know; "Liberty and Justice for all"

Do you believe in democracy, as in letting the people vote on the matter?

It's not the opinion but the intolerance of the opinion of others. I don't discriminate aginst you. I do not want to take away anyones rights.

I do believe in letting people vote but regardless of the popular opinion it is wrong to relieve someone of equal rights. It's like the old quote about two wolves and a sheep voting on whats for dinner.

Thanks Bowsniper for straitening me out on the gay vs homosexual terminology. (Dang, I can type gay a whole lot quicker).

God gave us all free will. It is our destiny to choose. We can't avoid it; we will all choose one way or another. This is perfectly normal and the way it is set up. It is all about choices.

I cannot change anybody's mind about anything. I cannot turn a person from homosexuality any more than I can convince a person to stop being an alcoholic. And I certainly cannot convince anyone that God exists.

The point of this thread was that homosexual marraige is bad for our society. I piped in because I know a few ways in which this is true - moral and financial challenges. You don't have to be a Christian to see this, though the Christian worldview detects the problem quickly. Secular thinkers don't see it right away. No one here hates homosexuals. Chances are we all have homosexual friends.

Mr. Smith got pretty exited (maybe even angry?) because he percieved we were bashing a group of people that don't think the way the majority of contributers to this string think. Remember, we weren't bashing homo's, we were discussing the challenges to society. What I find interesting is that is is usually the homosexual people that become irrate in these discussions. The Flagstaff city council is holding discussions on the homo 'fairness' initiative. In these discussions the city's pastors are saying that they don't share common ground with homosexuals on moral issues and that they don't think the homosexual agenda should be setting public guidlines that will affect churches and buisnesses. The homosexuals come back with, "I don't feel safe in this building with such abusive people, these people say they promote love but they are bigots!"

In my own experiences with homosexuals I find that I can have good friendships with them. I know they are different, and they know that I know they are different. I don't push my beliefs on them, but invariably, in their desire to seek my validation of their choice, the conversation will come to a point where I must explain who I am in Christ and why I cannot agree with them on this issue. This has always chilled the relationship. Please note the difference; when I know who they are, we're good. When they find out who I am, the relationship grows cold. And I am considered intolerant - inherently by what I believe!?

It is you God-given right to choose your own belief system Mr. Smith, it just concerns me that you became so upset.

By the way, you can look at my profile and see who I am and what I stand for. By looking at your profile, all I can see is that you are an anomynous dart thrower.

Mike

Four (4) pages of comments on this nasty subject.....we must have some sexually confused hunters in our mix. I personally don't think this topic has any place in a hunting forum.

I kinda like the "Don't ask , don't tell" policy.

My 2 cents...

PH

The name of the forum is "political discussions". No one is calling names or being disrespectful. It's a healthy discussion of a relative topic in todays society. I don't see a problem?

An open discussion of relevant political topics is a very good thing. You may not change somebody's mind on the topic, however you may "enlighten" others to your viewpoint and concerns. An informed voter is a good thing, even if they are voting against your beliefs. I would rather the majority win with a thought-out viewpoint rather than a "from the hip/reactionary" viewpoint. Better results are usually the result of better research.

this arguement would be a lot more fun if we could use gutter language on here without gettin' nuked or bein' called a racist or homerfobe or even worse,.... "insensitive". that way a guy could say what he really meant. it's plum funny watchin' you fellers tryin' to use politically correct words for this stuff. my sides hurts. Lark.

this arguement would be a lot more fun if we could use gutter language on here without gettin' nuked or bein' called a racist or homerfobe or even worse,.... "insensitive". that way a guy could say what he really meant. it's plum funny watchin' you fellers tryin' to use politically correct words for this stuff. my sides hurts. Lark.

You said it wrong....it's INTHENTHATIVE. It's easier to pronounce if you put one hand on your hip, extend your other arm and bend your wrist slightly.

Ok, now...that was uncalled for.

Lark,

Maybe someday over a campfire.

And I still wouldn't be hating anybody.

Mike

Mr Smith,

You said (Nobody is trying to withhold the rights of christians).This is a false statement.My Wife is a school teacher and a lot of the schools are teaching evolution as a fact.Also you say that we are all haters of homosexuals.I did not read one post were the person said that.Christianity is all about forgiveness of sins.

Noel