Good post Marshall. I feel I need to clarify something. I do not condone homosexuality. However I will argue in favor of freedom every time, regardless of who I am arguing for. If Christians freedoms were under attack I would argue for them too. It doesn't matter.

Mr Smith, we disagree a lot sometimes, but you are a fair minded individual. There are others who hold beliefs as you do, and are not nearly as civil. I find no fault in homosexuality, as I believe in individual rights, but believe marriage is not a right, but a privilege. What you legally do in your house is your business, but I don't believe in gay marriage, and for other than religious reasons.

Wow, I thought I was in the 1950s until I looked at my calendar. I have too much too say right now, but just an observation. Remember those incidents a couple years ago of the congress men and preachers who were so against gayness. Remember how disgusted they were with gay that they had to try it out for themselves just to see what made them so mad about homosexuality. I just have to say, if you are really, I mean really, bothered by homosexuality you might want to check how wide your stance is when you urinate.

Bob

In 1950 homosexuality was wrong, just as it is today, and will be next century. What do the acts of twisted congressmen and preachers have to do with anything? Gay is gay, doesn't matter what your profession is. No one is telling anyone that being gay should be illegal or prohibited, just don't try to tell me or my kids that there is nothing wrong with it.

Desert Bull I will tell you and your kids and everyone else on this site that there is nothing wrong with being gay. A truly gay person is genetically determined. They have no more choice in their gayness then you have choice with your height. They don't turn gay. They are just gay. Why do you think gay people have so many traits (stereotypes) in common. You think there is a Gay training center somewhere. These traits transcend race, culture, and religion. World wide gayness. Unbelievably a gay Eskimos acts much like a gay Aborigine. No education, no bible training no belief in Jesus is going to change that. Not even a self professed hatred of gays can stop it. That is why I used the gay bashing, but yet very gay republican congressmen and preachers for an example. (Man how many times can I use the word Gay in one paragraph). It seems that some of you have a great fear of your children becoming gay. In fact, it is highly likely that more than a few members will actually have gay children. I am sure deep down these people know it. I just wish that the stigma on this uncontrollable genetic trait can be lifted and you can love your children for who they are and not for what you would like them to be. One way to do this is give gay people full rights of citizenship. Really many worst things could happen to your kids , like a terrible disease or possibly becoming a member of PETA.

Bob

Good post Marshall. I feel I need to clarify something. I do not condone homosexuality. However I will argue in favor of freedom every time, regardless of who I am arguing for. If Christians freedoms were under attack I would argue for them too. It doesn't matter.

This response here mr. smith is an answer to your own question about this whole thread so get ready to start defending the freedoms of christians. The whole homosexual movement is an outright attack on the ground level teachings and beliefs of Christianity.

If I felt it was only going to affect those who chose an alternate lifestyle I would care less about the issue, but unfortunately it will affect my lifestyle.

When women wanted to join Boy Scouts, why couldn't they have just been happy with Girl Scouts?

My boggotry is really coming out........."freedom" has to be responsible in order to maintain it. I have students who don't salute the flag in the morning when we say the pledge, it is their freedom, I respect that but don't expect me to like it.

Kids riding on the bus to school can't freely roam about, it is irresponsible and dangerous...........

My right to carry a gun is a freedom, but if I go shooting up the neighborhood I don't deserve to have that freedom.....

Drinking yourself into a raging slop at the local joint is a freedom but has its consequences................

Remember that little game, kind of a hexoganal ball with all the different shapes you had to fit to get all the pieces inside.......no matter how hard you try to fit that square piece into the round hole....it just don't fit and it ain't right, I don't care how free you want to be to keep shoving that square piece......it just doesn't fit..................

And see bobbyo....that is just it......I don't care if you tell your kids that, but why do you insist on telling my kids that. I don't walk around telling other peoples kids how they should believe......................that kid that won't salute the flag.....I just let them stand there in a slump because it isn't my place to tell them different, that is their freedom..............

I do believe Jesus lived and may have been a great teacher/philosopher, just minus all the miracles and divinity.

Really? A guy going around claiming to be God, a good teacher? If He is not who He said He is, then He's not a good teacher, that would make Him more of a liar, or a flaming lunatic!

I wanna thank everyone for speaking their minds and hearts on this string. I appreciate the Christian men who spoke up about their faith in what they believe to be the truth. A whole bunch of stuff was aired out here and for a person who is able to sort through it, there are things to learn and be aware of. We've seen the Christian perspective, the liberal perspective and the 'head-in-sand' who cares perspective. Mr. Smith says he likes to bring awareness to these forums. Thank you for helping us to be aware.

Mike

I find no fault in homosexuality, as I believe in individual rights, but believe marriage is not a right, but a privilege. What you legally do in your house is your business, but I don't believe in gay marriage, and for other than religious reasons.

AC Guy, would you care to elaborate on this statement. I think this statement is very interesting and would like to hear why marriage is a privilege and possibly you reasons other than religion.

Thanks in advance.

I also have benefited from the discussion, maybe helped me to be less of a bigot and like many have said haven't really changed my mind, if we didn't have both sides of the story it would be pretty boring. It is good to try and look through another persons perspective.

I am a blessed man and am thankful daily for that..................

Bobbyo,

I would say that if you sat down with every person that is praticing homosexual acts (whether girl or boy) and had them tell you there whole life story.Then you would understand why they chose this lifestyle.And I am not even saying you have to make your opinion from a religous standpoint. And here is another example of why your not born that way.I am sure we all know Guy's in our lives that were born with a very feminine voice and body,but were raised in a good home.I know one that is married and has five children.

Noel

A truly gay person is genetically determined. They have no more choice in their gayness then you have choice with your height. They don't turn gay. They are just gay.

Bob

Many diseases are genetically determined. Heart disease, some cancers, depression, the list goes on and on. So, if homosexuality is indeed genetically determined, why don't homosexuals seek medical/physiological treatment? If you are sick, medically or physiologically, you go to the doctor and attempt to be cured. Why not homosexuals? Why is it "politically incorrect" for me to suggest that? You can bet that if homosexuality had any physical medical consequences, homosexuals would be lining up for treatment of homosexuality. I have to wonder if evolution of AIDS did not prompt many homosexual men to seek a cure for homosexuality.

What people do in their own home is their own business. But when hollywood and the media keep ramming homosexuality down my throat and try to desensitize and convince my kids that it is normal and acceptable behavior, I gotta draw the line. A few years ago, Nickelodeon ran a show during prime time for kids called "My family is different". It was a show about a kid who had two homosexuals for parents. Hollywood is attacking our kids!

Mark

Many diseases are genetically determined. Heart disease, some cancers, depression, the list goes on and on. So, if homosexuality is indeed genetically determined, why don't homosexuals seek medical/physiological treatment? If you are sick, medically or physiologically, you go to the doctor and attempt to be cured. Why not homosexuals? Why is it "politically incorrect" for me to suggest that? You can bet that if homosexuality had any physical medical consequences, homosexuals would be lining up for treatment of homosexuality.

Mark

Interesting thought. Very interesting.

What people do in their own home is their own business. But when hollywood and the media keep ramming homosexuality down my throat and try to desensitize and convince my kids that it is normal and acceptable behavior, I gotta draw the line. A few years ago, Nickelodeon ran a show during prime time for kids called "My family is different". It was a show about a kid who had two homosexuals for parents. Hollywood is attacking our kids!

In my opinion, this can be "cured" with the simple action of changing the channel. Just my opinion.

In my opinion, this can be "cured" with the simple action of changing the channel. Just my opinion.

Sure, just turn the channel. Simple. But wait, it's on every channel. So, fine, turn off the TV. But it's all over the media and mainstream movies. So fine, put your kids in a plastic bubble.

Most people, if they see anything enough, no matter how shocking, it starts to seem normal. This is how homosexuality is being normalized into our society. Homosexual marriage is just the last step.

Mark

HEY BS - CAN i HAVE SOPHIE'S PAW IN MARRIAGE?? SPOSE THAT'S NEXT AND i WANNA BE FIRST IN LINE!

This is a personal opinion and belief that i hold to be true which is derived from my faith obtained through my religious conviction. It is against gods will to allow same same sex marriage which will contribute to the "downfall" of the country because the success of a nation is inevitably connected to the rightousness of the nation. why are we in such a economic crap hole because we are allowing actions contrary to gods will to be allowed, accepted, and promoted actions such as same sex marriages, abortions etc.. The more wrong decisions we make the less prosperous and we are individually and as a nation. if god does not destroy California with heck fire and brimstone he owes sodom and gomorrah an apology. just my opinion

Sure, just turn the channel. Simple. But wait, it's on every channel. So, fine, turn off the TV. But it's all over the media and mainstream movies. So fine, put your kids in a plastic bubble.

Most people, if they see anything enough, no matter how shocking, it starts to seem normal. This is how homosexuality is being normalized into our society. Homosexual marriage is just the last step.

Mark

Again, my opinion. I think parents should control what their children watch.....but that is a topic for an entirely separate thread, I will digress.

I think this thread for the most part is done. It appears that the same arguments are being made over and over again. I guess my final statement on the topic is I do not agree with homosexuality, however, I worry when we start limiting rights to a certain demographic because I fear that may someday lead to limiting the rights of my demographic.