dsotm

Leftover tags

1 hour ago, idgaf said:

Do you know if an 'able' bodied human can use a crossbow during a ham hunt?

Not to my knowledge unless you have a CHAMP tag.

1 hour ago, idgaf said:

Do you know if an 'able' bodied human can use a crossbow during a ham hunt?

Legal Methods of Take
General Hunt and Youth-Only Hunt: Any firearm, pre-charged pneumatic weapon, crossbow or bow and arrow as prescribed
in R12-4-304. HAM Hunt: Handguns, muzzleloading rifles, muzzleloading handguns, crossbow, or bow and arrow as prescribed
in R12-4-318. Archery-Only Hunt: Bow and arrow as prescribed in R12-4-304 and R12-4-318, or crossbow if you possess a
crossbow permit as prescribed in R12-4-216.

I will bet that the draw ladies are frantically looking at a pile on a table of screwed up tags wondering how to to fix this mess once again.  Or maybe the brains? trying to manipulate the draw deleted the whole leftover file.  ROTFLOL 

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, trophyseeker said:

Legal Methods of Take
General Hunt and Youth-Only Hunt: Any firearm, pre-charged pneumatic weapon, crossbow or bow and arrow as prescribed
in R12-4-304. HAM Hunt: Handguns, muzzleloading rifles, muzzleloading handguns, crossbow, or bow and arrow as prescribed
in R12-4-318. Archery-Only Hunt: Bow and arrow as prescribed in R12-4-304 and R12-4-318, or crossbow if you possess a
crossbow permit as prescribed in R12-4-216.

Thanks for posting. I was going to say that my understanding was in any hunt you can use a “lesser” weapon so crossbow would be legal in general, muzzy, or HAM. This confirms my understanding. 

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, AZtroutman said:

Guess no leftovers this year? Never seen it take this long to post the list.

Been thinking the same thing. What's the delay? 

Got an email from them saying they would be posted 11/22. Their first email was a link to the "leftovers" but was actually the regulations 🤣

1 hour ago, Tropicalmulch said:

I was hoping to see the list today but nope. Guess I'll just sit here and drink.

If this year's leftover list is like last years, you might start drinking when it comes out anyway. It might be camping with guns this year.

It’s javelina, maybe unit 12 turkey... my best pig hunts  are when I see some, shoot , miss, go to the truck open a beer and grill some brats , and open another beer ( or two). Other than chorizo, I don’t care about javelina meat, and while spring turkey is a great time if they’re vocal, table wise I’d rather cook a store bought  chicken.   When they’re not responding, it’s a walk in the woods with your shotgun.  I prefer to hit MX for grouper that time of year, one 60 lber gives me a ton more excellent eating than one scrawny wild tom.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I'm guessing no left overs......First year in a decade that I didn't draw a January archery javi tag..................super sad........... my third choice had 1200 tags I figured I at least get that one. I was wrong. 

Times have changed.......sad time for AZ residents.................NO more leftovers #thenewcalifornia

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, AZ_SAWBUCK said:

I'm guessing no left overs......First year in a decade that I didn't draw a January archery javi tag..................super sad........... my third choice had 1200 tags I figured I at least get that one. I was wrong. 

Times have changed.......sad time for AZ residents.................NO more leftovers #thenewcalifornia

Hard to believe there isn't something left. Here's last year's leftovers.

Screenshot_20211116-151240.png

Gold coins prevailed gents.

The money they get from the heritage fund, free labor from corrections, app fees, bonus point fees, license fees , point guard fees, auction tags fees governors tags fees send water money,  Super raffle money... money money money. Raffle hunts money

And they don't refund anyone a single penny.

All of this money wasn't enough... they had to grow the business model via selling out our wildlife for more $$$$

Amen to that.rumor has it they need money for electric trucks to better tax and revenue enhance us.

2 hours ago, AZBIG10 said:

Gold coins prevailed gents.

The money they get from the heritage fund, free labor from corrections, app fees, bonus point fees, license fees , point guard fees, auction tags fees governors tags fees send water money,  Super raffle money... money money money. Raffle hunts money

And they don't refund anyone a single penny.

All of this money wasn't enough... they had to grow the business model via selling out our wildlife for more $$$$

I don’t think you know how their budget works. They don’t get any money from raffle or auction tags. Every penny of that goes to the critter groups. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1