dsotm

Leftover tags

1 minute ago, Sky Island junkie said:

I believe it’s the new online hunter education course?

It’s a hunter ethics class separate from hunter Ed.  You have to pay to take it and upon passing you will receive a bonus point.  Unless you already have the hunter Ed point then you don’t get squat.  Find it hard to believe the ethics class will teach people common sense.

• Like 1

Ok now I'm getting in on the rant.....the online hunter ethics bonus point is nothing more than another way we Arizona residents will suffer.   It does nothing for us but allows out of state residents a way to sit on their couch at home to gain a bonus point thereby increasing THEIR chance of drawing  an AZ tag while giving azgfd 150 bucks a pop to increase their add campaigns to out of staters!  Yah, I'm pissed about this one.  At least before a non resident who wanted a bonus point had to come to Az and spend money at local businesses like hotels and restaurants!

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, 07Guardian said:

Ok now I'm getting in on the rant.....the online hunter ethics bonus point is nothing more than another way we Arizona residents will suffer.   It does nothing for us but allows out of state residents a way to sit on their couch at home to gain a bonus point thereby increasing THEIR chance of drawing  an AZ tag while giving azgfd 150 bucks a pop to increase their add campaigns to out of staters!  Yah, I'm pissed about this one.  At least before a non resident who wanted a bonus point had to come to Az and spend money at local businesses like hotels and restaurants!

Largely yes. I took a buddy out for deer a couple weeks ago on his first hunt ever and now he's hooked, will benefit other resident adult onset hunters like him. Not as many as non-residents though. 

Its a way to bilk NR’s for another bogus point and dilute the value of everyone else's. 

44 minutes ago, 07Guardian said:

Its actually $300 for NR and does nothing to hurt residents odds of getting a tag since NR are capped at 10% of the tags for each hunt #.

• Like 3

42 minutes ago, 654321 said:

Its actually $300 for NR and does nothing to hurt residents odds of getting a tag since NR are capped at 10% of the tags for each hunt #.

Except for any elk, antlerless elk, antlerless deer and javelina.