Sign in to follow this  
ctafoya

7MM at Midway

FN price gougers. Thier prices are getting ridiculous. 

FS, 3 boxes hornady precision hunter 7mm. $100 each. No low ballers. 

• Haha 1

Its all going up in price. Recently midway had 280 ai nosler brass for $111.00 then a month later the sportsmans warehouse had the same price for 280-ai brass. There is a shortage of material to make or meet the demand so prices go up.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, jdown said:

Old Larry Potterfield really took advantage of prices since late last year.  Not a fan anymore. 

I heard his sons are running it now. There were a lot of changes a couple years ago after he fell out of the tree stand and was hurt while hunting. Not the same Midway it was.

A business would be stupid to sell a product in high demand for less than market value. A product is worth what someone is willing to pay for it. 

i’m sure the wholesale price from Hornady to Midway has gone up too. 

Inflation is high on everything right now but if these next two bills, infrastructure and spending bill pass its going to skyrocket. You cant keep printing trillions every 8-12 months and expect no consequences. 

• Like 7

4 hours ago, JSR said:

A business would be stupid to sell a product in high demand for less than market value. A product is worth what someone is willing to pay for it. 

Inflation is high on everything right now but if these next two bills, infrastructure and spending bill pass its going to skyrocket. You cant keep printing trillions every 8-12 months and expect no consequences. 

I have picked up Hornady ammo from a few smaller places around the country in the last few months as they get shipments in from time to time. I have paid $20-$25 a box cheaper then Midways prices.

I have spent a lot of money at Midway over the years but not anymore. 

• Like 2

5 hours ago, JSR said:

Just saw a guy trade 2 full pounds and and almost full pound of RL26 for 3 bricks of primers.  I was thinking nobody is going for that.   dang was I wrong.. 

I’m guessing if you guys were selling a house right now you’d just go ahead and sell it for what it was worth in 2019 then?  We’re our own worst enemy when it comes to ammo and reloading components.  Hoarders gobble it up and price goes up.  Only way that gets stopped is when the price crashes and they get stuck with their product (2006 housing market for example) but supply is not keeping up with demand right now and it won’t be getting any better anytime soon.  That’s the capitalist way and I’m all for it.  As much as I see people throwing the “D” word and “L” word around here, if you bleed red but wish for some type of intervention on free market pricing then you’ve got some serious cognitive dissonance at work in your head.  

• Like 8

7 minutes ago, northAZarcher said:

Just saw a guy trade 2 full pounds and and almost full pound of RL26 for 3 bricks of primers.  I was thinking nobody is going for that.   dang was I wrong.. 

I've got a full pound of RL26 for a brick of primers. 

Good lord, someone on this site always has to be the smartest guy in the trailer park.  What i said are facts, they are taking full advantage of this market and I am no longer a fan.  They have always been competitive with good prices, great service and shipping.  I can get everything they sell for less, which used to not be the case.  I get how free markets work and all the power to them to charge whatever they want.  But as I said, I am no longer a fan and they are no longer competitive.  

• Like 3

All we are missing now is some “average Joe” and “working man” comments to make this whine session complete. 

just kidding. I whine like a baby every time I fill up or go buy groceries or go to Brunos to pick up reloading supplies. 

• Like 1

I like the way many of us try to keep the prices down to each other. Blackhorn209 was up over $100 on GunBroker but many of us sold it to a desperate or needy member for $70 or less, depending on what it had cost with taxes and hazmat.

And we help the youth with ammo and guns.

And we watch for scammers and notify each other.

And we alert each other of supplies, sales, etc.

This is an really great site, you you guys are all good people with a variety of opinions.

Glad I'm a member and I'm grateful to have gotten to know many of you.

May our Gods, supreme beings or good fortune continue to bless us all.

• Like 1