Sign in to follow this  
azelkhunter2

Pre 64 Winchester model 94 question

Looking to purchase a pre 64 win model 94 in 30/30. What would a fair price be for one in like new condition....I have looked on most of the sites and they are all over the board price wise....Figure someone on here would have information. Thanks Dave

Hate to say but it depends a lot on condition and how pre 64….. 1920 vs 1955, etc. I haven’t looked in a while but I would think around $600 would be a fair starting point. I’m curious now too, so hopefully someone with more info comes along

Like new condition pre 64 model 94 30-30 will bring a large premium. The real determine factors are is it a Rifle or Carbine?  Then what standard or deluxe, other important factors especially on the carbines is which carbine are you looking at.For example Saddle ring carbine, Eastern, Standard, also serial number ranges as well as date of manufacture really effect price. 

E382F748-5031-4C46-9734-CE08A80BEF50.png

• Like 1

The prices stated above seem legit.  I paid $350 about 4 years ago for the less desirable 1894AE (angle eject) from ‘85 in about 90% condition.  

Thanks for the votes of confidence but I'm not sure I'm the best expert.  Here's my best idea of what to expect.  

High condition guns from the 50s and early 60s have gotten pretty expensive.  I haven't bought one lately but I see guys asking close to $2000 for true, like new guns.  If you'd be happy with a 95 percent gun, you might luck into one in the $1000 range.  Pretty mediocre condition guns are bringing $600-800 most of the time but there are some $500 guns from time to time.  And, there are always low condition guns that are cheaper.

If you want an earlier gun, it does get more complicated. 

• Like 5