Sign in to follow this  
brenteinstein

ISO Dog Rattle Snake Training

https://huntercanine.com/

I used them. I'm sure there is someplace closer to you though. 

Basically use an e-collar and a real snake so the dog associates the snake smell with the e-collar and wants no part of it. 

Not really a DIY deal as you can imagine and the lesson is faster than you might guess. 

Had both my 2 year old labs and our hound  snake trained this year. Hound got shocked very little and figured it out real fast. My labs took took multiple shocks before they figured out it wasn't a toy. Best decision I made for those dogs, they see a snake now and haul butt the other way. I am in Tucson so can't help on recommendations but we just went to our local vet that had a snake clinic on a Saturday

• Like 1

10 hours ago, youngdon said:

Viper Voidance (480) 215-1776

I haven’t used them but heard they are good. 

i used this guy on my springer 15 years ago and work great and now i did with my gsp, don't know yet but she did picked up right away. 

IMHO, waste of $100.

Find someone who has a pet snake and get an e collar. Get your dog around the scent and the snake and zap the schit out of him/her. Mine took 15 minutes and $100.

I keep procrastinating, and this thread reminds me that I want go get my young Vizsla snake trained.

Casey, curious why you think it was a waste?  Did it not work, or is your point more that it can easily be done without having to pay $100+?  Curious since I'm likely about to pay for it....

S.

4 hours ago, firstcoueswas80 said:

IMHO, waste of $100.

Find someone who has a pet snake and get an e collar. Get your dog around the scent and the snake and zap the schit out of him/her. Mine took 15 minutes and $100.

You should start a business traiing dogs

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I used Jim (Viper Voidance) and will do so again on my next dog. 

It may seem like a waste of money if your dog has the right reaction and it takes just the one trip downwind, but what if they don't? 

47 minutes ago, stanley said:

I keep procrastinating, and this thread reminds me that I want go get my young Vizsla snake trained.

Casey, curious why you think it was a waste?  Did it not work, or is your point more that it can easily be done without having to pay $100+?  Curious since I'm likely about to pay for it....

S.

Stanley,

i will do it especially with a Vizsla, i have a gsp and the way they search is crazy, they go full speed inside bushes head first, don't know if vizsla's are like that but i assume they are, is money well spend in my opinion.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, stanley said:

S.

It worked wonderfully with my pup. How ever,  after one whiff and one zap, he knew the drill. Maybe not all dogs respond like that though.