Norteno

Thoughts on Chandler road rage shooting

4 minutes ago, trphyhntr said:

What gun law would have stopped this 

I’m not arguing against you.  The only thing I can think of is Education.  Drill it into the firearm owners head that if you draw your weapon more times than not you’re going to be the bad guy.  The guy was a minority, he already had one strike against him.  Unlike Sky Islands example above, it doesn’t sound like the guy had a reason to fear for his life.   
We’ll find out more details soon.  I’m not sure what would be better to support our 2a rights, him owning the gun legally or finding out it was stolen or something.  

On another note, I’m sure lawyers are lining up to defend this guy.  

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Norteno said:

I’m not arguing against you.  The only thing I can think of is Education.  Drill it into the firearm owners head that if you draw your weapon more times than not you’re going to be the bad guy.  The guy was a minority, he already had one strike against him.  Unlike Sky Islands example above, it doesn’t sound like the guy had a reason to fear for his life.   
We’ll find out more details soon.  I’m not sure what would be better to support our 2a rights, him owning the gun legally or finding out it was stolen or something.  

I’m not arguing. What you mean by him being a minority he already had a strike against him? 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Sky Island junkie said:

I had a similar thing happen near that stretch of road 15 years ago. Night before I loaded 3-4 ton river rock into the dump trailer with the skid steer. I dumped a few onto the fender which had a flat surface and thought, I need to remember to knock those stones off before leaving to Anthem the next morning. Well I forgot and about 530 the next morning, an irate guy pulls along side me on lake pleasant parkway yelling and screaming pointing to the cratered windshield. I knew then that I’d forgotten those stones. He pulled in front of me with his bass boat in tow. I felt horrible that he was going to miss the morning bite or part of it. He wasn’t happy of course but I completely owned it and we settled right there on the road. His  insurance company covered the glass and I sent him a couple hundred dollars in Fisherman’s choice gift cards. That story also could have ended a lot differently if I hadn’t done anything wrong!

Well done!!

3 minutes ago, Norteno said:

I think most on this site would agree with you on education. It’s just kind of a touchy thing when anyone brings up stricter gun laws. Kind of understandable that you might feel that way a bit considering you saw the guy laying there being worked on. Education has to start at home and with so many growing up in broken families and with the number of firearms floating around in this country, I actually think it’s a miracle that more of these shootings don’t take place

• Sad 1

Sounds like the white dude had it coming.  Too bad innocent bystanders car got hit.  Hope they plea bargain to a lesser charge, and shooter does time, making an example out of these altercations.  
No new gun laws needed.  

• Like 2

I've had this kinda thing happen to me twice in the 17 years living here .the first was 16 yrs ago going down the 60 and a guy got mad the lane ended at about mill and tried to pass in the emergency lane and ran outa relastate.as he is behind me he started to hand gesture he's going to shoot me .I dialed the dps and notified them and stated I had a gun in the car .I didn't start to worry till he reached under the seat .I pulled my sig outa the holster and rolled the window down bullets and Windows make a mess .as he pulled up along side me he thru something at the car and then saw the gun and made a quick exit .the dps officers had stopped him and called me to come and I'd him .the officer asked if I had a gun and I said yes he said good holster it and come with me .the guy was in the back of a car and the cop said is that him and I said yep .he told that guy he was lucky I actually had a gun and could have shot him .I signed the paper and pressed charges .no amount of restrictions will fix stupid.I do believe training does good.you absolutely need to understand the law if you pull and use a gun.

• Like 3

11 hours ago, azelkhunter2 said:

I have been a firefighter for 27 yrs...I have personally been on 4 of these calls in that time....In EVERY case the individual that got out of his vehicle and approached the other vehicle was the one shot and killed. They all made the choice to be a tough guy and confront the other person and it cost them there life....Stay in your vehicle and drive away.....Or take the chance of getting killed....Not really a hard decision to make....

We were in the area, after it happened... trying to get a phone fixed.  looked up the article while waiting in line. Then the next morning the wife found a better report.

As sure as  AzElk hunter can attest... so many details are missing.  As i told my wife..  the guy that got out of his car was in the wrong. He escalated the aggression and unfortunatly the gamble didnt pay off on his part.  "Due diligents" of the shooter being detained is a normal thing. Hopefully it all comes out in the wash.   And then he gets some actual firearms training and doesnt shoot innocent bystanders in the process.

Do me, it sounds like the guy was in the right to defend himself. 

• Like 1

Why punish everyone for a couple of yahoos stupidity? 

Those same yahoos will still have access to the same firearms and continue to do the same stupid things while you restrict the ones who would never let themselves end up in a situation like that. 

stupid people do stupid things. 

There has to be video of this somewhere, post it if you find it before it gets deleted.  We never miss an opportunity to film drama or trauma.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, GJMauro12 said:

Why punish everyone for a couple of yahoos stupidity? 

this. but i really want the OP to use his words explain exactly what law he thinks would have prevented this. 

the OP said this:

"My wife making a case for limiting firearms won on this day. "

"The only thing I can think of is Education.  Drill it into the firearm owners head that if you draw your weapon more times than not you’re going to be the bad guy"

neither of that makes any sense to me 

• Like 3

39 minutes ago, trphyhntr said:

and i still want to know what the OP meant by the shooter being a minority that he "had a strike against him" 
"

Dude, my wife was stating her opinion on lowering the number of firearms and individuals with access to them after seeing a guy carrying out in public.    I tried to educate her that the guy carrying was likely not one of the bad guys you read about.  
Next thing we know we both see a guy DIE.  As a married man you stop the discussion.  
My guess is you’re not married.  There is a time when you just let the wife’s opinion stand.  

On your other question, if you don’t think racism exists in Arizona you’re blind.  The guy was Mexican.  Read the discussions on Facebook assuming the guy was here illegally and why he isn’t deported.   There is a lot of hate out there.   This group is not that way and why I enjoy being part of this community.  

You’re not saying anything specific. what law could they put on the books that would accomplish limiting guns to individuals

Racism? Where is the racism in this case? The brown guy murdered the white guy. 

“This group is not that way and why I enjoy being part of this community“ 

now what are you talking about? You’re the one talking about racism and gun control like liberal on a hunting website 

• Like 2