Norteno

Thoughts on Chandler road rage shooting

No laws are going to prevent what happened. The op and his wife just saw a guy die .THERE is just some times you have to bite your tongue if your married or you find yourself on the couch and have a pissed off wife yelling at you .his opinions are not hers.

• Like 1

The guy was Mexican.  Read the discussions on Facebook

Why would I do that? 

is there anything more cringe than a liberal crying racism when there’s none to be seen. Your gun control argument was pointless so you go to racism. Liberalism 101 

• Like 4

Firearms education wouldn't have changed anything! Carry permits wouldn't have changed anything! They both knew that they were in the wrong. The only lesson to learn here is not to let anger displace common sense. Two idiots just learned that lesson. It's sad they had to ruin their lives in the process but at least they only ruined their own lives! Just be glad they didn't crash each other and collect a bunch of innocent people!

• Like 3

Sad story all the way around, and could have been worse if the three bystanders in the adjacent car were injured or killed. Tough to weigh in until all the facts are out, however, from what's being portrayed, sounds like Pelkey was unarmed and Horcasitas may have made a fatal mistake. Charged with first-degree murder, plus the three counts of endangerment involving the bystanders. Educated guess here....but Horcasitas probably will plead down to voluntary manslaughter and do 5 to 8 in state prison.

One of the more valuable CCW classes I remember taking was when I lived in Denver and the class was taught by a retired Jeff Co sheriff's officer. He went over several similar hypothetical scenarios (while stating a disclaimer that he was not an attorney), and I think about that class each time I read a story like this in the news. Being that Pelkey was unarmed....curious to see how this plays out.

• Like 2

De-Escalation.

Good training is always a good thing. However, some people just have rage issues. Police officers get some of the best training around and from time to time a few may lose their cool and it gets recorded. Some people just can't control themselves, with or without training. Its human nature. No law would have prevented what happened. 

If you carry a gun and never expect to use it, or let alone that you might have to take someone's life, you might want to rethink why you carry.

• Like 3

5 hours ago, trphyhntr said:

huh?

Huh? I have a handgun in my truck 100% of the time. No matter what laws are in effect, if there is a lunatic running at my truck and doesn’t stop, no matter what the circumstances, he’s probably going to get shot. I guess I want to be alive to defend myself! This is all just the usual noise!!

• Like 2

4 hours ago, dmoto said:

Sad story all the way around, and could have been worse if the three bystanders in the adjacent car were injured or killed. Tough to weigh in until all the facts are out, however, from what's being portrayed, sounds like Pelkey was unarmed and Horcasitas may have made a fatal mistake. Charged with first-degree murder, plus the three counts of endangerment involving the bystanders. Educated guess here....but Horcasitas probably will plead down to voluntary manslaughter and do 5 to 8 in state prison.

One of the more valuable CCW classes I remember taking was when I lived in Denver and the class was taught by a retired Jeff Co sheriff's officer. He went over several similar hypothetical scenarios (while stating a disclaimer that he was not an attorney), and I think about that class each time I read a story like this in the news. Being that Pelkey was unarmed....curious to see how this plays out.

I think a good attorney could convince someone in a crowd of 12 that this wasn’t murder.  I agree they would be scaring him with a murder charge to get the manslaughter and endangerment plea. 

that said you better think before you draw.  It will change your life in a bad way, every time.  

• Like 1

4 hours ago, trphyhntr said:

The guy was Mexican.  Read the discussions on Facebook

Why would I do that? 

is there anything more cringe than a liberal crying racism when there’s none to be seen. Your gun control argument was pointless so you go to racism. Liberalism 101 

Dude what’s your problem.   My initial question on starting this thread was to hear discussion on the subject in which many members have stated very good points and given real world examples.  I think we are all waiting for more information to come out and then opinions may change, who knows.  It sucks someone died and there is now another story adding to liberals (real liberals) agenda to infringe on our 2a freedom.  I don’t have an answer and was just throwing an idea out there which was shut down respectively.  
None of your comments have constructively added to this thread.   FYI both my wife and I are active hunters and own several rifles, shotguns and as of now 2 handguns.   Far from liberals but open enough to hear others point of view. 

• Like 2