Norteno

Thoughts on Chandler road rage shooting

1 hour ago, bojangles said:

I think a good attorney could convince someone in a crowd of 12 that this wasn’t murder.  I agree they would be scaring him with a murder charge to get the manslaughter and endangerment plea. 

that said you better think before you draw.  It will change your life in a bad way, every time.  

Agree on the attorney. He must have been scared or hyped up to shoot someone that was charging his car. Not the smartest tool in the shed. Even is you're 125 and he is 6'8 and 265 thats no reason to shoot him, especially in public. Lock you door or get out and kick him in the family jewels or the knee.  Probably a fan of Baldwin.

It might be a good idea to get less than lethal weapons if you are the type of person that has a victim complex or otherwise can’t seem to avoid situations like this.  It might actually be fun to taze someone, blast them with bean bags or douse them with mace. Although sometimes that turns deadly and that wouldn’t be fun at all.

Arizona law states you may meet force with force the white guy didnt have a weapon so the Hispanic wasnt justified in shooting him. If the white guy would have had a bat, knife gun etc. the shooter would be a lot better off then he is right now. 

Every time there is a shooting some people call for more restrictions, ask yourself would take the NY subway at 8:00 pm alone without a weapon? Watch the interviews of felons talk about the common citizen and it may open your eyes a bit. They laugh at gun control laws.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, 452b264 said:

Ask yourself, would take the NY subway at 8:00 pm alone without a weapon? 

Have you ever lived there?

Arizona is a right to carry state. One would have to consider before exiting their vehicle and confronting someone else that they might be armed. If the shooter can get a good enough lawyer and get the jury to believe that he was in fear of his life, then who knows. What other gun law could they possibly put in place that isn't already there that would have stopped this? Anyone know what caliber it was?

I've lived there and still work & do business there fairly regularly (With the exception of a bit of 'covid' slowdown in business travel).  Used the subway many, many times to get all over upper-lower Manhattan, Bronx, Brooklyn, Queens, etc.   Have and will take it after 8:00 without a weapon. ;) 

Always research information before making a decision or drawing a conclusion....

Arizona has a "Castle Doctrine" law with a "Stand your Ground" clause.  This law can be viewed below.

13-418. Justification; use of force in defense of residential structure or occupied vehicles; definitions

A. Notwithstanding any other provision of this chapter, a person is justified in threatening to use or using physical force or deadly physical force against another person if the person reasonably believes himself or another person to be in imminent peril of death or serious physical injury and the person against whom the physical force or deadly physical force is threatened or used was in the process of unlawfully or forcefully entering, or had unlawfully or forcefully entered, a residential structure or occupied vehicle, or had removed or was attempting to remove another person against the other person's will from the residential structure or occupied vehicle.

B. A person has no duty to retreat before threatening or using physical force or deadly physical force pursuant to this section.

C. For the purposes of this section:
1. "Residential structure" has the same meaning prescribed in section 13-1501.

2. "Vehicle" means a conveyance of any kind, whether or not motorized, that is designed to transport persons or property.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, PRDATR said:

Born and Raised.

If it was in the inner city I feel for you, I know two people that live there and 4 in Philadelphia, 4 of the six cant wait to move. 

58 minutes ago, 452b264 said:

If it was in the inner city I feel for you, I know two people that live there and 4 in Philadelphia, 4 of the six cant wait to move. 

Parents move 30 miles east when when I was young but I spent weekends there with both grandparents and worked there for Western Electric after High School and road the subway. It's like any other city, has it's ups and downs. You can go to a different show or museum every weekend and never see the same thing. Meet people from every walk of life on an hourly basis. Plenty of fishing too. There is a fishing rod or five in every house.

It is a bit of a rat race and once most people  get to middle age they leave but most of the people I grew up with still live there.