Norteno

Thoughts on Chandler road rage shooting

On 11/16/2021 at 9:31 AM, 452b264 said:

Every time there is a shooting some people call for more restrictions, ask yourself would take the NY subway at 8:00 pm alone without a weapon? 

Have you ever been to NYC? First, you couldn't be alone on one of those subways at that time if you wanted. Half the people in the city are just heading home from work at that time. Second, it just isn't scary. Not much different than walking back to the truck in the dark out in the woods. I'm self assured enough to know I am capable of either.

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, trphyhntr said:

Walking in NYC at night is like walking to the truck at night in the woods. I find that hard to believe 

I've done both. I'll take the woods.

• Haha 1

55 minutes ago, Flatlander said:

Have you ever been to NYC? First, you couldn't be alone on one of those subways at that time if you wanted. Half the people in the city are just heading home from work at that time. Second, it just isn't scary. Not much different than walking back to the truck in the dark out in the woods. I'm self assured enough to know I am capable of either.

Lets make it 10 to 11 pm due to your shift change at work. 

11 minutes ago, 452b264 said:

Lets make it 10 to 11 pm due to your shift change at work. 

Have you been to NYC and traveled the subway?? 

My answer would be the same as before, basically no matter what time of day.   The subway is absolutely NOT this big-scary thing full of thugs and muggers.  Just as with any city, the vast majority of riders are simply average people going to and from in their daily lives.

Edit:  Like 5guys, I'll take the woods over the subway, too.  Nothing beats walking out of or into the woods in the dark! ;)

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, trphyhntr said:

Walking in NYC at night is like walking to the truck at night in the woods. I find that hard to believe 

In terms of how scary... yeah its about the same. Neither is a big deal.

You ever been?

6 minutes ago, trphyhntr said:

No, but I’ve been to cities, Wasn’t much like the woods. 

Its about the same in that most of the threats are imagined. Lots of dudes freak themselves out walking through the woods in the dark. Some do the same in the city. I haven't been to a lot of cities, but I have spent all times of day and night on the streets of NYC. A weak minded person might imagine up all manner of threats, much the same as a guys do in the desert or woods.

I'd be willing to bet that the root cause for both is the same. People fear what is unfamiliar.

1 hour ago, stanley said:

Have you been to NYC and traveled the subway?? 

My answer would be the same as before, basically no matter what time of day.   The subway is absolutely NOT this big-scary thing full of thugs and muggers.  Just as with any city, the vast majority of riders are simply average people going to and from in their daily lives.

Edit:  Like 5guys, I'll take the woods over the subway, too.  Nothing beats walking out of or into the woods in the dark! ;)

Im with you guys the woods hands down! 

• Like 1

i lived in new york and newark for 8 years before i moved to az, never had any issues, i used to go out everynight after work and go home at 4 or 5 in the morning never encounter any problems. Harlem back then was a different story but now is clean from what i hear.