brooozack

Vortex Razor vs Kaibab 18x56 Binos

Is the anything special about the Kaibabs? The razors are more expensive so I assume better glass but all my hunting buddy’s have razor everything else but Kaibabs when it comes to 18x56. They offer the razor in several magnifications but the Kaibabs only in a few (I think 15x and 20x for older versions and 18x for newer)

Anyone have an experience with both or just the razor hd 18x56? 

I haven’t used the 18x56 but I wouldn’t buy them because of the reduced field of view. 

I have kaibab 15x56 but I haven’t used the razors to be able to compare them. 

1 hour ago, GJMauro12 said:

I haven’t used the 18x56 but I wouldn’t buy them because of the reduced field of view. 

I have kaibab 15x56 but I haven’t used the razors to be able to compare them. 

agree

The kaibab 18x56 are about as worthless as it gets.too much magnification for the glass quality.right side ocular focus needs to constantly be adjusted after moving the main focus just a fraction of an inch.eyecups are too big to get close to your eyes,allowing excess light to get to and reflect off of the lens.if you are already crosseyed they may not bother you too much.me, I cut my kaibabs in half and saved the left side with focus knob intact to make an 18x lite spotter.problem solved.

• Haha 1

I ordered a pair of the razor uhd 18x56 (they were back ordered @ the time), then 2 days later I won a pair of kiabab 18s. I did not enjoy the kiababs at all. Then when the uhds came in , loved them. If you can pony up and go uhd for big glass.  I chest carry my 15 swaros most the time but I love to use the uhds for sit down glass sessions

• Like 1