Adicted

How was the Unit 42 tag this year?

4 hours ago, Adicted said:

Anyone have it?  How it go without giving up spots.

I know a guy that hunted 42. He said he didn't realize he had bumped his scope and missed a nice buck opening weekend. He went to the range after work during the week and he was shooting 3ft high at 100 yards so he go dialed back in. He was able to hunt the next weekend but never saw another buck. He had a hard time finding deer moving and so did some of his friends. Overall in Arizona, I do not think the mule deer success rate was very good. We have a processor in Yuma that is usually overrun with deer after the first weekend and I took my buck to them last Saturday (2nd weekend of the hunt) and they were going to skin it within the hour. Usually we have to stack our deer in a freezer on top of other deer but they said the deer harvest was down drastically. Part of that is because the alfalfa deer didn't leave the desert this year because it was green. Gotta love it. 

I didn't have a tag but had several family members I helped that did. They all had opportunity but only took one 4x4. Overall it was as tough a desert hunt as I have seen in several years. Going out with a youth hunter tomorrow.

25 minutes ago, creed said:

I didn't have a tag but had several family members I helped that did. They all had opportunity but only took one 4x4. Overall it was as tough a desert hunt as I have seen in several years. Going out with a youth hunter tomorrow.

Is 42 junior open this weekend?

2 minutes ago, Original born to hunt said:

I was able to take one in 42 opening morning I only had 3 days to hunt so I ended up filling my freezer with a little guy.

26439.jpeg

1636594384007.jpg

Congrats!