couesdeerhntr

Was this the buffalo incident everone was talking about

First guy to the sight had the right of way. Should never have been a conflict at all. Pretty much common sense that if someone is there first you go to your back up plan for the day. 

• Like 4

52 minutes ago, trphyhntr said:

you actually did mess with the hunter though, disrupted his hunt  

I offered to go after a different bison. For the last time Bart told me not to. 

1 hour ago, HuntHarder said:Anyone with any kind of courtesy knows that its first come.  No one gives a goat's dick who put the salt out.  Russ has put out a million pounds of salt, but doesn't own them.  

Anyone with any kind of courtesy doesn’t sit someone else’s salt. That’s some low, lazy BS. If this was a whitetail and that happened, they would be roasted.

The fact that Chad is trying to profit off the work of another man’s back is stealing plain and simple and it tells me everything I need to know about his character.

Zac didn’t need to stay there. He didn’t need to confront that asshole. That should have been Russ. It should have started and finished with the paid professionals who started and prolong this dick measuring contest. The hunter’s were just pawns in their childish rivalry. But that could have gotten real ugly, real fast.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Flatlander said:

Anyone with any kind of courtesy doesn’t sit someone else’s salt. That’s some low, lazy BS.

way off base. water, salt, bait, first come first serve. end thread. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, trphyhntr said:

way off base. first come first serve, end thread. 

So if I roll up on a camp with no one in it, am I welcome to grab a drink from the cooler and jump in the sleeping bag?

Just now, Flatlander said:

So if I roll up on a camp with no one in it, am I welcome to grab a drink from the cooler and jump in the sleeping bag?

can you move the goal posts any further from the topic? 

• Like 5

4 minutes ago, trphyhntr said:

can you move the goal posts any further from the topic? 

I mean, we could talk about all kinds of people who live off the work of other people without ever accomplishing anything for themselves.

I just figured we’d leave it in hunting terms.

Idk anything about whatever made up strawman scenario with a sleeping bag and welfare.

If you want a public spot bad enough, you get up early to be the first one there. If you’re not the first person there, you leave. There’s nothing else to be said. 

• Like 7
  • Love 1

Zac, since you were there last did you ask the first hunter politely if you could stay? The ethical thing would be ask if you can stay and give the other guy first shot opportunity. Sounds like you just showed up and decided to stay offering no courtesy. When i had my tag i went early knowing someone else would show up, when Russes guy showed up he was gonna leave, i told him to stay but i asked for first shot opportunity and it was a done deal, everyone wins.

• Like 4

51 minutes ago, Flatlander said:

Anyone with any kind of courtesy doesn’t sit someone else’s salt. That’s some low, lazy BS. If this was a whitetail and that happened, they would be roasted.

The fact that Chad is trying to profit off the work of another man’s back is stealing plain and simple and it tells me everything I need to know about his character.

Zac didn’t need to stay there. He didn’t need to confront that asshole. That should have been Russ. It should have started and finished with the paid professionals who started and prolong this dick measuring contest. The hunter’s were just pawns in their childish rivalry. But that could have gotten real ugly, real fast.

Have you ever been up there on the hunt?  Russ has turned that GC boundary line into a salt mine.  Do you think he gets to own all (I think) 80 of them?  You are so far from reality.  It is kinda like showing up opening day to your blind on a waterhole and a guy already sitting in his blind on that same water hole.  Do you think you are entitled to that hole because you set your blind up first?  

Lazy is not knowing anything else about hunting and not being able to adapt to plan A not being available.....

• Like 3

1 minute ago, HuntHarder said:

Have you ever been up there on the hunt? 

Do you think he gets to own all (I think) 80 of them? 

It is kinda like showing up opening day to your blind on a waterhole and a guy already sitting in his blind on a water hole.  Do you think you are entitled to that hole because you set your blind up first?  

1. Yes, I have.

2. If he took the time to put out 80 salts, he and his clients have the right to hunt over 80 salts. Do the work, get the reward.

3. If I hauled the water to that spot, then yeah, dam right I am going to hunt it. And yup, I am going to be pissed if some other dude shows up and plops down a blind.

I really don’t get all the bitching. If one guy can put out 80 of these things why don’t other people just put out their own? There is nothing that special about salt and a camera.

Several people on this site have done this hunt successfully without mooching off another man’s work.

• Like 1
  • Great Buck! 1