couesdeerhntr

Was this the buffalo incident everone was talking about

15 minutes ago, idgaf said:

Multiple the salts stations and blinds by 50 and then ask yourself that question. 

If it was 50 or 1500 makes no difference. Why would I feel entitled to someone else’s work?

13 minutes ago, HuntHarder said:

With only maybe 10 hunters... He gets to reserve spots on the NF for his hunters?  GTFO with that non sense.  If thats the case, im gonna put salt at each waterhole in my otc unit and then make whoever shows up to that water leave.  You see how dumb that sounds?

Not even close to the same thing. The only reason he put the client there was because of the salt. There was no water, saddle, fence crossing, etc. No matter how early you get up, it’s never cool to take someone else’s work.

Lazy.

1 hour ago, trphyhntr said:

You pick the unit, a spot on public and there’s a blind with nobody in it. You don’t sit that spot because of that? What About a trail cam, leave that spot 

It’s not about the blind. If someone else hauled water or salt out there to create an opportunity, I am not going to set up a blind and then try to beat them to the spot they created. 

Other than being to lazy to build my own salt, why would I need to do that? If I want to sit salt, I will put out my own. End of thread.

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, Flatlander said:

If it was 50 or 1500 makes no difference. Why would I feel entitled to someone else’s work?

it’s public land and nobody was there.  

If you aren’t first your last,  ban the salt licks and guides wtf this ain’t rocket science! Don’t be a Suzan RIP Delw….  Merry Christmas you filthy animals!  Peace Out!

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Zac2zac2 said:

I offered to go after a different bison. For the last time Bart told me not to. 

Didn’t read like that from the report copies you posted 

WOW sounds like g&f should police its rules on salt placement.  I dont think that 50 salt licks is a normal ranching practice.  The camera rule will probably be enforced the same.  Just like they dont teach ethics in business school, they dont teach ethics in guide school.  

Public land, public access.  Private land, private access.  Doesn't matter how many "set ups" a business has put effort into for a profit if it is on public land, that by definition is "public use".  Effort put into a hunt by one person is never the same as the effort of another hunter.  

• Like 3

21 hours ago, Zac2zac2 said:

Bart was cursing at me from the get go and admitted to doing so. I even offered to go after another bison and he admitted that. he replied no! Yes, I texted my guide to see if there was an alternate plan after Bart was getting wild because he was angry and being unreasonable. I just paid a guide all this money why wouldn’t I follow what he says? Almost every elk hunt I have been on I’ve been next to other hunters and never have I told anyone to to leave because it’s public land or they are unethical. For some reasons guides get involved and y’all seem to expect that? Cursing at people and threatening them to me is unethical. Running into other hunters is an inevitability. I remember stalking an elk up a hill into other hunters and they shot the elk. That’s life sometimes… saying they can’t be there or threatening them is unethical in my eyes. If game and fish knew chad threatened to mess with other hunters and they knew he was a loose canon why didn’t they take action or let hunters know till after the fact. 

OK

Merry Xmas. 

16 hours ago, trphyhntr said:

You leave decoys out overnight? If you set decoys, you’re probably sitting there already. Just like the 3am guy was. Thanks for playing 

Yes I have. Park in your own driveway.  Playing? Playing what?

2 hours ago, bigbuckfever said:

Public land, public access.  Private land, private access.  Doesn't matter how many "set ups" a business has put effort into for a profit if it is on public land, that by definition is "public use".  Effort put into a hunt by one person is never the same as the effort of another hunter.  

It is public land. I have seen businesses and individuals try to " take over " multiple tanks in areas they want to hunt and often times will drag a few limbs and branches and put a note in there with their intentions and call it "their" blind. I don't see a big difference with salts either. If somebody chooses to spend time and money in an effort to make a setup on public land they need to remember that it is public land.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, ThomC said:

WOW sounds like g&f should police its rules on salt placement.  I dont think that 50 salt licks is a normal ranching practice.  The camera rule will probably be enforced the same.  Just like they dont teach ethics in business school, they dont teach ethics in guide school.  

Yeah I could be wrong but I don’t think there’s even any grazing along that boundary.  There’s really no fence so I don’t think they could keep cattle out of the park.  

The salt is put out for the “co-op”(ie. its there for every hunter to use). Just ask Russ about joining the co-op, sign his waiver, and enjoy the awesome experience of being part of the incredible cooperative hunt for trophy bison!

On 12/24/2021 at 4:54 PM, trphyhntr said:

You leave decoys out overnight? If you set decoys, you’re probably sitting there already. Just like the 3am guy was. Thanks for playing 

Reminds me of the time when I was young and said wow that's 4 Canadian geese sitting on the water and no trucks parked at the trailhead. Well shooting on the water is not against my ethics so me and my hunting partner snuck in and let loose. Those were some expensive decoys and they looked real. No hunters around. We ended up fishing the location and later that day a few hunters rolled in to hunt ducks. I wonder if their memory of that hunt is as hilarious as mine.

• Haha 1