CouesFanatic

New Draw

32 minutes ago, akaspecials said:

Does anyone feel like 6 tags is just the start? The AZGFD article says "A total of six limited-entry permit-tags (two for each of the three species) were recommended for this initial draw". 

Only ten days announcement; this isn't a fundraiser, this is testing the waters to see what they can get away with... auctions will be here soon enough. They'll find a way to siphon off more tags to the rich if we aren't vocal.

We are slowly going the way of Utah (and California) and I'm not particularly fond of it.... 

Maybe… but whether it was 6 tags, or 10 or 20 or 100 they would likely get the same number of applications. So there isn’t a great incentive to issue more.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, azelkhunter2 said:

Nope not at all....Just figure it will come up in the ensuing bitc### fest

azelkhunter2
Premier Member

Members
1,077 posts
Posted April 14, 2018
While the overwhelming majority of the average sportsman sit behind their keyboard and complain.                           You sure like to complain about complaining.

• Like 1

I waste money on dumb chit. I have no problem burning a few bucks to get in. I'm sure this counts for your annual bag limit. 

Initial draw?  Sounds like a way to backdoor the AZSFW dream of a Utah style convention..."It went over so well we decided to make it 200 tags next year"

They could have taxed every game camera $50 a year and made 10 times more money!

• Like 2

Are there that much missed in the harvest quotas throughout the year that’s it’s come this. 

I thought we had a shortage of critters in this dry state. 

I’m very confused now. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ctafoya said:

I waste money on dumb chit. I have no problem burning a few bucks to get in. I'm sure this counts for your annual bag limit. 

It doesn't count towards your annual bag limit.

They know most guys will pay app fees for all 6 hunts. Multiply that by the thousands that will apply and they'll make a couple hundred thousand off app fees alone. I would guess that the tag price will be normal price because as mentioned with so few tags even making the tag cost $500 isn't going to bring in much extra money. 

I like this idea better than raising tag or license prices. Atleast it feels like you're getting a chance at possibly drawing basically a watered down version of a raffle tag. Just as long as they don't get out of control and start adding more tags in the future. 

So two lucky bastages get to hunt Coues from Dec to Feb with a rifle , without having to be Richie Rich?  I've been lucky before and I've definitely been called a bastage  , I'm in!

"So, you're saying there's a chance"

• Like 2

11 hours ago, Flatlander said:

6 x $13 x 250000 (or however many hunting licenses they sell per year) = A lot of dang potential revenue. I much prefer this to other things that have been proposed over the years.

I’m not sure if this math is right or not. One bullet point states that you apply for however many of the hunts on ONE application form. It also says multiple applications will not be accepted. So does this mean only one app fee charge? Also, isn’t the way the draw works is that your application is given a random number for the drawing? If so, lucky guy that draws number 1 would have up to 6 hunts to go on…I know this can’t be correct but I’m confused by their verbiage.  

3 minutes ago, Yuma Outdoorsman said:

You think the cost will be the same as a regular tag if you draw? 

I would hope so being it's a draw tag and the whole point in this draw is to keep tag and license prices the same. I think they're banking on the application numbers to generate their revenue. 

8 minutes ago, Yuma Outdoorsman said:

You think the cost will be the same as a regular tag if you draw? 

I'm guessing there would be no fee just like the raffle and auction tags. I wouldn't know because I've never won the raffle tag or bid on an auction tag.... The way I read it, there would be a $13 fee for each of the six hunts for residents and 15 for nr.