CouesFanatic

New Draw

14 minutes ago, yotebuster said:

I like that they’re using a few animals (statistically insignificant) to raise a ton of money.  Makes sense in my book.  Utah has done incredible things for their deer and elk herds with the money they’ve raised doing similar things.  If they want to keep it available to the common man they’re on the right track by keeping it a raffle.   If you can get one animal to raise $30-50k you can create a whole lot more opportunity at other animals with that money.  Win win for all involved.  

I deplore Utah’s expo model. But in this case they used a few opportunities to create a bunch of money without impacting tag #’s, making anyone pay extra that didn’t want to, or messing with bonus points. 

If you are upset by this you are just whining to whine.

• Like 4

39 minutes ago, yotebuster said:

I like that they’re using a few animals (statistically insignificant) to raise a ton of money.  Makes sense in my book.  Utah has done incredible things for their deer and elk herds with the money they’ve raised doing similar things.  If they want to keep it available to the common man they’re on the right track by keeping it a raffle.   If you can get one animal to raise $30-50k you can create a whole lot more opportunity at other animals with that money.  Win win for all involved.  

I can get behind this. What I disagree with is that they are allowing them to put in for a draw without a license. This isn’t a raffle or an auction. Pony up a license. I get the angle they want to appeal to a bigger crowd. Make them pay for a license in a draw.

• Like 2

50 minutes ago, WhtMtnHunter said:

Yep, why not just add them to the Big Game Super Raffle?

Because it would generate exactly 0 more dollars doing that.  Having a separate draw will entice people to apply. 

6 hours ago, WhtMtnHunter said:

Yep, why not just add them to the Big Game Super Raffle?

So they can keep the money in the general fund. 

• Like 1

Maybe they felt the need to generate more revenue from the loss they had to have felt at Ben Avery. Instead of lines of people waiting to shoot for the last year or so, it has been by a reservation, and the hours were cut and half the benches wasnt being used.

They need to get Ben Avery back to normal.  That place is a PITA nowadays.  I don't go anymore.  I'd rather drive up to Jim Jones range in Payson.

23 minutes ago, JiminAZ said:

They need to get Ben Avery back to normal.  That place is a PITA nowadays.  I don't go anymore.  I'd rather drive up to Jim Jones range in Payson.

I asked if they were going back to the pre Covid way, and was told ..no.

I belong to Wickenburg's Sportsman Club. Normally have the entire range to myself.

Application wasn't bad. You will need your Customer ID number though.

Also, it's $13 per hunt so $78 if you apply for all 6. I must have misread it originally and thought it was just one $13 application fee for all, (no such luck).

• Like 1

I kinda despise the idea that they gotta put in "another" draw and collect more money when all I want is a tag to hunt deer, elk, turkey every once in a while, much less a sheep or antelope! 

Where is this "extra" money going?

With all the sheet going on in our country I am just a little leery of an extra draw looking for more money!

• Like 3

In addition to this new "draw", there is also a new "Super Raffle" for bear, lion and javelina.

They must have a huge budget crisis.

• Like 1