CouesFanatic

New Draw

Just a thought but they are kicking around proposals on the OTC deer tags. Option 2 I think,?? which is an archery draw is projected to lose about a million dollars should it be implemented. Wonder if this is to offset some revenue loss when they go to a  draw. With the drought,  human encroachment and predation I don't see how they can avoid a draw in the near future.

• Like 2

Don't need a draw. Just a tag cap. A unit specific tag. When sold out too bad. Hunt multiple units buy multiple tags. Each tag allows 2 members to accompany you that do not already possess a tag.Posse  hunting is an additional fee (an expensive one.) first come first serve. Not affecting bonus points.  my .02 on avoiding straight draws for archery.

• Like 1

So...is everyone that complained in the thread about the special draw going to boycott the draw?  

Sure would be hypocritical if you apply....🤣

• Like 6
  • Love 1
  • Haha 1

17 minutes ago, lancetkenyon said:

So...is everyone that complained in the thread about the special draw going to boycott the draw?  

I hope so, but that would be a switch from the Side Saddle Calvary. I'm on a budget so even if I cough up the  $78 I might have to limit myself to $2500 for scouting, practice ammo, new camo, better optiks and the list goes on and on.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, lancetkenyon said:

Sure would be hypocritical if you apply....🤣

I beeched because of the short notice and unavailable cell service. I moved locations, decent cell but won't play. Better odds being hit by an asteroid.

1 minute ago, Edge said:

I beeched because of the short notice and unavailable cell service. I moved locations, decent cell but won't play. Better odds being hit by an asteroid.

Apparently you have never seen the movies Armageddon and Deep Impact....it could totally happen!

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

2 minutes ago, lancetkenyon said:

Apparently you have never seen the movies Armageddon and Deep Impact....it could totally happen!

No but I seen Sharknado. About as plausible as being drawn for this.

But good luck to those applied. Love to see someone from CWT get a tag.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

7 hours ago, Non-Typical Solutions said:

I kinda despise the idea that they gotta put in "another" draw and collect more money when all I want is a tag to hunt deer, elk, turkey every once in a while, much less a sheep or antelope! 

Where is this "extra" money going?

With all the sheet going on in our country I am just a little leery of an extra draw looking for more money!

The good news is it’s voluntary to spend your money on it.  So if you don’t want to, don’t apply.  Then you dont have to worry about what they’re doing with the money!

• Like 2

My thought is somebody is gonna draw the tag I want and odds are the same for me as for anyone else, so why not? I applied for both of the whitetail tags this morning. I hope they do this every year. 

• Like 1

Just curious on the end game?   If it's just for more money I'm in. If it's to eliminate otc deer.  I'll pass on the next rounds.  

• Like 1

On 11/19/2021 at 6:22 PM, AZBIG10 said:

I’m in. I liked the part where it’s for residence only.

not sure if it is,says 15 fee for non residents

11 hours ago, yotebuster said:

The good news is it’s voluntary to spend your money on it.  So if you don’t want to, don’t apply.  Then you dont have to worry about what they’re doing with the money!

I always worry about where money is going because when you don't worry about where the money is going all the sudden you're sitting there with an empty pocket and nothing to show for it! Good luck to those who apply, I'll just go try and fill my coyote tag again this year!!!