Sign in to follow this  
LKiny

3B Late Muzzy bull elk

Hello team, unfortunately I was not able to scout 3B much, well at least recently but luckily I have hunted that unit several times in the past so I am familiar with it.  The weather is quite mild and fall like still. which is why I was trying to get up there but ill health prevented it. Anyone have any recent bull elk sightings or recommend any areas to check out?  I'm planning on being there the entire hunt. thx!

1 hour ago, LKiny said:

Thanks, you are the 2nd hunter to mention the logging issue. Do you know where abouts  in the GMU that took place?

Everywhere there is ponderosa forest….so basically the southern end of the unit.  Doesn’t mean the elk are gone, just changed their ‘normal’ movement.  

I'd stay out of the pines anyway. Find some pile of rocks to climb up on and glass those buggers up. Good luck.

3 hours ago, Flatlander said:

I'd stay out of the pines anyway. Find some pile of rocks to climb up on and glass those buggers up. Good luck.

Harder to find a pile of rocks to glass from than it is finding elk... 😂. Lack of vantage points really had me missing desert whitetail hunts this year. Any glassing waypoints would be a solid spot, Im sure. 

@LKiny—— I was up there 20 days scouting and hunting the muzzleloader deer season. Also have the December muzzleloader cow tag in a few weeks. The thinning they’ve done in the pines has really helped the south end of the unit. Unless you’re hunting from the road of course.  There will be plenty of elk in and out of the pines, pending any drastic weather changes, which doesn’t seem likely. Usually hunting from sun up to sundown produces good results. Good luck on your hunt. 

• Like 1