nmurray10

OTC Javelina

Hi guys new to this forum. Have been part of the Arizona Hunting Forum (formerly Arizona Hunting Today) for the last 10 or so years, and thought I’d join this one too.

Has anyone taken advantage of the yearlong OTC archery hunt for javelina? I’m intrigued, as I live in Fountain Hills, and the McDowells are one of the areas that’s open to archery all year

13 minutes ago, tinyturtle said:

I have, it's a ton of work . I see them alot when I'm shed hunting in Northern AZ units but I don't carry my bow when I'm shed hunting.  

Need a shed hunting buddy in the 35s sometime in January?

On 11/22/2021 at 12:11 AM, nmurray10 said:

Hi guys new to this forum. Have been part of the Arizona Hunting Forum (formerly Arizona Hunting Today) for the last 10 or so years, and thought I’d join this one too.

Has anyone taken advantage of the yearlong OTC archery hunt for javelina? I’m intrigued, as I live in Fountain Hills, and the McDowells are one of the areas that’s open to archery all year

Check that again there bud.  The McDowells are only open in December and January.  The year long seasons don't apply in the metro units.

2 hours ago, 1uglydude said:

Check that again there bud.  The McDowells are only open in December and January.  The year long seasons don't apply in the metro units.

Completely misread that haha. Saw the jan 1 and Dec 31 and skipped the middle. Thanks for the correction

There are a ton of pigs in pockets in unit 41.  I am a bit surprised they opened the entire unit to a general OTC tag.

Season Dates Notes Open Areas Legal Wildlife
Jul 1 - Dec 31, 2021 (16,17,18,19,20) 39 South (see note 17), 40B (excluding Pima County),
41, 43A, and 43B (excluding National Wildlife Refuges) Any javelina