OpticNerd

Coues Cape

If anyone in the Sierra Vista area is in need of a coues cape let me know. It's from a mature coues that was shot a few weeks ago. Currently frozen. Contact me for more info. Thanks.

The capes frozen. Just looks like a ball of fur unless I thaw it out. If you want it it's yours at no cost. Once you take it to a taxidermist and have it checked out and it's determined to be a useable cape then if you want to give me some money for it that's cool if not no big deal. The reason I don't want any money upfront is because I've never caped a deer before and I don't know if I did everything right. I'd hate to charge someone money for a bad cape. Let me know. 

• Like 4

7 hours ago, Coues7777 said:

I'm interested ...  I'm in need for one if it still available... I live in Douglas so that works out.  

If I don't here back from 25-06 by tonight then it's yours if you still want it. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, OpticNerd said:

If I don't here back from 25-06 by tonight then it's yours if you still want it. 

I appreciate that but I'm in Tucson. I'm going to pass on it. Thanks.

I'm a taxidermist  looking for an extra cape. If knowone ends up getting it let me know I'll go get it. I normally give $50 credits towards a shoulder mount but ill give you the $50 if it's good.

Hindsight being what it is, y hunting partner and I both took WT this last week but not trophies and should have saved the capes.  It was so dang hot and we were in a hurry to pack them out.  Shoulda, Woulda, Coulda!  :(

On 11/30/2021 at 8:59 PM, bowelk341 said:

I'm a taxidermist  looking for an extra cape. If knowone ends up getting it let me know I'll go get it. I normally give $50 credits towards a shoulder mount but ill give you the $50 if it's good.

Sounds good. As of now the cape is spoken for but if for some reason the guy doesn't want it your next in line.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Big Tub said:

Hindsight being what it is, y hunting partner and I both took WT this last week but not trophies and should have saved the capes.  It was so dang hot and we were in a hurry to pack them out.  Shoulda, Woulda, Coulda!  :(

Yep I think I'm gonna start caping every buck we get from now on. Wish I started doing this years ago if I'd done so I might actually be good at by now. Like you said shoulda woulda coulda.

• Like 1