Yuma Outdoorsman

Customer ID on the New Draw

Just out of curiosity, how many people entered the new draw application using their Social Security number in the Customer ID box? If you used your social, your application would be rejected as that is not the correct ID. I have a ton of friends who just used their social and were not aware it was different so I was curious how many of you did the same?

Hahaha I almost did this because it has always been my social until they started the portal. I had to call the office to get mine. Then she told me where to find it on the portal. I felt like a dummy.  If you can’t follow directions, I guess you don’t get entered! Hopefully this makes my odds better. 🤣 

• Like 2

I never knew my customer ID.  I always used my social security number.  

For this draw application, the process seemed pretty clear to me.   There was a link right on the page to retrieve your ID number if you didn’t have it.   

• Like 1

For the regular draw you use your ss # or your sportsmans ID number (for some people its the same thing). With the portal you now have your customer ID number that can also be used as well. For this draw it very clearly said to use your customer ID. Sounding more and more like my odds are better than I thought they'd be with everyone screwing up and not reading directions.

• Like 4

I talked to them about this and was told if the system accepted your application you were good. 

I used my customer ID

• Like 2

The customer ID and sportsman ID are different - when one logs into the portal the customer ID is shown on the main page- 

I am sure if you submitted an application and used your SSN for customer G&F would work it out. 

• Like 2

Customer ID, Sportsman's ID, and SS# can all be different.  

Read the directions.  Sound like my chances just went from 1:5,000,000 to 1:3,000,000.

soyouretellingmetheresachance-8.gif.0f24b36a72c6ab064fe13039d62b3c58.gif

• Like 2
  • Haha 7

There are some of my friends who applied with their social security number and the application was accepted. It sounds like some of you did the same. That's what I was wondering. I think a lot of people assumed there social was their ID but its not. They will not refund your application money.