Sign in to follow this  
Flatlander

Matt Rinella - Hunting and Social Media

I think my position on social media and hunting is well documented. In the essay below Matt Rinella makes a few points on why his brother and others like him are bad for hunting.

https://webcache.googleusercontent.com/search?q=cache:https://freerangeamerican.us/matt-rinella-unfollowing-hunting-social-media//

• Like 10

Increasing hunter numbers is a good thing. 

That said, I stopped watching MeatEater several years ago, After they partied up with an anti-gun, Hollywood elitist. 

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, JSR said:

That said, I stopped watching MeatEater several years ago, After they partied up with an anti-gun, Hollywood elitist. 

I might be wrong but when I researched this, the left leaning investor I thought was a pro 2nd amendment, pro public land , hunter? I haven’t seen any influence on Rinella politically but I haven’t heard much on him in a while

2 hours ago, JSR said:

I stopped watching it after the first episode I saw and he shoots a bird, eats in the field and said he does that so the other animals know if he kills them he uses them. Fukking weirdo. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Never heard of him or his bro

• Like 2

No clue. I don't watch TV or do social media. You would think I'd be less stressed.......

Interesting read. Lots of good points made. Funny that Free Range American posted this when their existence is based almost entirely on social media for better or worse. 

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, ctafoya said:

No clue. I don't watch TV or do social media. You would think I'd be less stressed.......

I think this is social media, but this is it for me.

• Like 4

Meateater was the first show to make hunters look like we are all not drunken rednecks that kill just for horns. Sorry but hes done better for hunter relations then any other hunting show ive seen. 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, CatfishKev said:

Meateater was the first show to make hunters look like we are all not drunken rednecks that kill just for horns. Sorry but hes done better for hunter relations then any other hunting show ive seen. 

Do non hunters watching hunting shows? I don’t remember buckmasters or realtree outdoors being drunken rednecks 

idk man imo if meateater, joe Rogan, cam Hanes, randy newberg, jay scott podcast etc. didn’t exist we’re not having these conversations on otc deer tags, trailcams, whatever else is next. 

• Like 7

2 hours ago, CatfishKev said:

Never occurred to me hunters look like drunken rednecks that kill for horns.

I was raised by ethical hunters that put wild meat on the table regardless of horn size. That's what I teach my kids as well. 

But hey, who doesn't admire a nice rack?

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1