Yuma Outdoorsman

Saw this on Instagram...what’s your take?

19 minutes ago, BOHNTR said:

How does a draw stop that from continuing (if it even does to the level you’re suggesting)?  Are drawn hunters more honest and forth giving than non-draw hunters?  I’m confused by your rationale.  

no I’m not suggesting any less or more honesty with draw hunters. My opinion is that mandatory reporting can’t work because there’s no talk that I’ve heard of on how to force people to be honest about what happens in the field on that hunt. So reduce the number of hunters by a draw system from the get go. 

4 hours ago, trphyhntr said:

A dude killed a big one on the 3b muzzy this year. And yeah that’s poachers corner up there. 

Did it score 173?😁

• Wow! 1

Just now, Boarman03 said:

Did it score 173?😁

It was shot  under the powerlines, so it was bigger.

8 minutes ago, NOTAGS said:

It was shot  under the powerlines, so it was bigger.

Oh, is that where he shot it. I didn't realize that it was 3b. That's where I lucked out and got my first ever Mulie this year on a Muzzy hunt. It's on my back.  Thus the confusion for me.

3 hours ago, stanley said:

From my perspective, the forced submittal could be extremely easy.  Go to a 100% electronic/online license and permit system.  Then simply don't allocate a current permit until the survey for the prior year is complete.  Truthfulness?  A whole different story, but there is nothing you can do about that except assume some sort of margin of error.

That being said, from a pure 'system/IT' perspective, it would be VERY simple.  Whether that means G&F could build the platform and roll it out effectively could be something else, entirely. 😒

Stan is correct IMO. 

Also, statistics ( yeah, serious math analysis and calculations) can be more accurately applied when better basic information is obtained. Some call it mathematically guessing, but real standard deviations occur and with near 100% reporting, they can be fairly accurately calculated, even from an armchair.

Since people's honesty is at the root of discussion, you may want to revisit and old post I encountered on here. It was extremely long and a lot of people posted their thoughts to it. Quite an eye opener.

Find;.  "Card Hit - 2016 style"

have fun!

23 hours ago, trophyseeker said:

So let's see...except for the other 24 guys who also killed but lied on their report, honest hunters reported killing130 bucks in ##unit last year. What percentage of the herd in that unit was killed?  

No takers to the above, eh????? 

43 minutes ago, trphyhntr said:

I say get rid of the OTC and make it a draw and add a few January rifle tags in the desert for carp 

Doubt they would go with rifle but maybe muzzleloader.

I am all for the draw on at least the desert units. With the closure of other units the ones left open should be a real sh!t show this year

• Like 2

No one is going to throw away bonus points for an archery draw other than strip and kaibab. Just put a cap on tags sold.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, TOBY said:

No one is going to throw away bonus points for an archery draw other than strip and kaibab. Just put a cap on tags sold.

Would take archery January carp in the desert over general season every time 

• Like 4

I'm telling you guys, the problem is archery demand is higher, compared to rifle demand, than it was 30 years ago, but we are using the same old 20% archery harvest cap. They need to decrease rifle tags and increase archery cap to allow hunters to hunt more overall without killing more bucks. I did a bunch of research and sent in comments and beautiful charts and graphs showing the trend of demand but they just said "the department disagrees". 

image.png.37f32ceb18efa761dddf7da25a7d3a3b.png

• Like 3

1 hour ago, TOBY said:

False!! 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

"the department disagrees". 

WELCOME to AZGFD hunter input!  I think the input and review  periods are merely to appease hunters into possibly believing their feedback matters.

• Like 2