Yuma Outdoorsman

Saw this on Instagram...what’s your take?

So, phones (with a charged battery) will now a requirement to possess at all times in the field when you are hunting or fishing?

Or will they just require you to print out your own tags and license? 

I still like to go down and visit the nice ladies at the counter and figure out who plays good cop and who is the bad cop to avoid.  ;)  

It also reminds me to buy a lion tag and bird stamp.  I don't ever seem to have a printer that works or at least has ink.  Theirs, along with the paper, seems to be a little less damaged by inadvertent wetting/washing.  

• Like 2

Carefree is getting so efficient, LOL.  When will they get rid of all of the managers and chiefs of sparrow habitat, and endangered weeds.  And other titled people who sit in meetings all day in carefree and talk about metrics.

1 hour ago, JSR said:

So, phones (with a charged battery) will now a requirement to possess at all times in the field when you are hunting or fishing?

Or will they just require you to print out your own tags and license? 

I'm guessing it will be like it is currently.  Likely a .pdf version of your license so you can either have it on your phone OR print it on paper.....

Reminds me of the time I ordered 120 bucks worth of sushi and the power went out in half the town. Luckily those smart Asians had a carbon machine for credit cards. Luckily I had real money in my pocket and didn't have to wait in line with all the crybabies. It's convenient but not always going to work. Every time some glitch happens in the game and fish's new matrix this place turns into the Jersey Shore show. 

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, HuntHarder said:

Worst news of the day.  What are all these Grampa's gonna do? We are gonna lose a whole generation of hunters.🤣

253cb3d8c37cbcb5b1c49b58c2a08b32d667198f

Keep in mind if you guys live long enough you'll be grandpa's too. And not all of us boomers feel entitled or are computer illiterate.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, trphyhntr said:

Don’t get me wrong, I hate technology and wish it was still paper. If I make it to 60, probably be applying through osmosis 

PM me your phone number again. I have a picture I want to send you

You'll still have to print it so you can put the Federal Duck Stamp on it unless you just take a picture of it also but it does not have a specific number on it like the Migratory Bird Stamp.

This last yr in late August I bought a license in the Region V office to include the migratory bird stamp which was just the notation on the payment.  I wonder if tags will ever be electronic too.

• Like 1

You won’t have to print it. (Even now, you don’t have to print it.) If you have a duck stamp you can just keep it with you and show it if you need to. My guess is that will be electronic soon too, just like everything else.

For sure tags will be electronic too, eventually.   (New Mexico already is….)