Sign in to follow this  
Couzer

Sold of STIHL MS261C’s for sale

I have 2 MS261’s for sale. If you know your saws this is a good deal. 

Pics added, 20” bars. Chains are stihl, unsure on tooth count 

San Tan Valley

Sold

Edited by Vowell
Sold
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, AZ Free Man said:

How old are the saws, newer M-tronic versions? 

Yes newer, both M-Tronic 

one is brand spanking new, it’s registered in my name so I could give you all my info for warranty and where I purchased it this month. It was $630 with tax. 

the used one I bought up north, was not used a lot. 

I have another PM on the used one, someone very interested but not committed. Once one sells I may just keep the other. I really don’t need both but may keep one. 

23 minutes ago, Boarman03 said:

Why are you selling the new one?

Because I have 2

• Like 1

Pics added, these are not a farm or home use saw, these are the Pro series. Big differences, although they can be used at home and farm I HIGHLY recommend Chaps.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, AZ Free Man said:

I'll take the new one.

Ok Sounds good, I’ll send you my number

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Vowell said:

Pics added, these are not a farm or home use saw, these are the Pro series. Big differences, although they can be used at home and farm I HIGHLY recommend Chaps.

To protect your legs from the chain, or from the wood chips?

3 hours ago, Vowell said:

Because I have 2

If you sell both, you'll have none. Or do you have others?

12 hours ago, Boarman03 said:

To protect your legs from the chain, or from the wood chips?

From getting cut by the chain. Look up YouTube videos of them, they are pretty cool how they work.

8 minutes ago, AZ Free Man said:

From getting cut by the chain. Look up YouTube videos of them, they are pretty cool how they work.

I've used chainsaws for years. Even spent a couple of nights on the couch for pranking my wife that I had cut off my fingers, glove was fingerless and gave me the idea. She still doesn't think it was funny more than ten years later. I had her going. She is adamant that I don't get another prank like that though.

But I've never had to use chaps although I can see why they could be useful. Especial where kick-backs are concerned. Jeans just wouldn't hold up and chainmail is heavy. Had a friend accidently cut the end of his shoe off in a kick-back scenario and we still don't know how he missed his toes. But we're glad he did. 

I've not really been injured yet but then I greatly respect my equipment.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Boarman03 said:

I've used chainsaws for years. Even spent a couple of nights on the couch for pranking my wife that I had cut off my fingers, glove was fingerless and gave me the idea. She still doesn't think it was funny more than ten years later. I had her going. She is adamant that I don't get another prank like that though.

But I've never had to use chaps although I can see why they could be useful. Especial where kick-backs are concerned. Jeans just wouldn't hold up and chainmail is heavy. Had a friend accidently cut the end of his shoe off in a kick-back scenario and we still don't know how he missed his toes. But we're glad he did. 

I've not really been injured yet but then I greatly respect my equipment.

These saws run like a raped ape, you may have ran saws before but have you ran a Stihl Pro saw? They will cut your leg off respect or no respect. You will only need chaps that one time, but when you do you will be thankful you have them. Doesn’t matter if you are a weekend warrior or a highly skilled professional. 
New saw is pending, if it sales I am going to keep the used one. 

• Like 1