Sign in to follow this  

Ward's Outfitters

54 minutes ago, daryl_s said:

I don’t know him personally, but it seems like overall he has always had a pretty good reputation. Also, hasn’t the G&F had it out for him for a while because of his archery success in SE AZ, to the point where they greatly reduced the otc seasons in those areas? I think there’s some history and they may have been putting in the extra work to nail him for whatever they could. Typical of government agencies these days, go after those who question and/or challenge you. IMO the punishment is much harsher than the “crime”

We won't really know but if Steve wants to chime in I'm all ears. He has always been reputable and humble and G&F has been heavy handed doleing out penalties in the past. I have seen people loose their H&F privleges for a few years for killing one dove over the limit or one too many fish, which was on top of the fine.

That made no sense to me economically.

• Like 2

On 12/10/2021 at 2:11 PM, Edge said:

No chit? Dang I been sending my 1040 to game and fish.

I've been deducting my unfilled tags from my income. 

(above statement is intended to be humorous and is not to be taken seriously or as an admission of guilt) 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, PRDATR said:

We won't really know but if Steve wants to chime in I'm all ears. He has always been reputable and humble and G&F has been heavy handed doleing out penalties in the past. I have seen people loose their H&F privleges for a few years for killing one dove over the limit or one too many fish, which was on top of the fine.

You’ve heard of documented legit cases of people losing their hunting and fishing privileges for having one too many dove or one too many fish?  I was always under the impression those were non criminal offenses unless an exorbitant amount over limit and only punishable with a citation and fine?  

2 hours ago, PRDATR said:

Please show your work 

31 minutes ago, yotebuster said:

You’ve heard of documented legit cases of people losing their hunting and fishing privileges for having one too many dove or one too many fish?  I was always under the impression those were non criminal offenses unless an exorbitant amount over limit and only punishable with a citation and fine?  

Take 4 Trout during Closed Season. Possess 4 Unlawfully taken Trout.
This was a revocable offense.

1 hour ago, HorseHunter said:

I've been deducting my unfilled tags from my income. 

(above statement is intended to be humorous and is not to be taken seriously or as an admission of guilt) 

I work for the IRS, we need to talk!

just kidding..  I feel like I should get a tax deduction for my app fees as well....I’m feeding the homeless animals or some such non nonsense ..

I think people get a tax break if they donate outright to GF, why shouldn’t  us applicants?  It used to be the idjets that played the lottery could deduct the cost of their tickets against their state income, if I recall correctly.   Fair is fair... unless you’re a conservative?

• Haha 1

11 hours ago, AZAV8ER said:

Interesting topic. So a Guide that sounds like he is for the most part a decent sort flubbed some paper work by accident, or because other motives? The FS fines him and the AZGFD hammers him hard. Why a harsh punishment for failing to report a couple of hunters? Was the commission trying to crack down on under reporting? Were some commission members motivated against Steve? Seems like a punishment fit for guiding unlicensed, taking out hunters without proper permits/licenses or guiding hunters outside their permitted unit.  Why did the commission hit him so hard ???

I don’t think the commission was as worried about possible forgetfulness as they are about guides intentionally avoiding the FS permit process. Which is important. If it’s true he had done this before, was warned and then did it again (and plastered it all over the internet) as the regulating agency AZGF is likely to give a good long listen to another government agency who they work together with on a number of issues. If the FS LEO asked for stiff punishment because of intent, it’s not surprising the dept listened.

If I remember correctly Steve Ward was one of the most vocal opponents of the bait ban several years ago. I don’t know if I would buy into the dept having anything against his success, they are just managing a resource. The seasons were reduced in units where success was high and triggered the pre-determined steps outlined in the guidelines. 

• Like 4

21 hours ago, CatfishKev said:

A3 has a reputation for blocking roads,  checking others cams and deleting them, several guys on several ridges walking one hunter in to kill, driving in wilderness areas, telling other hunters "we saw you watching that buck, we have a high paying client coming in to kill that buck,  go find another one", crossing unit bounderies to kill big animals etc.  Even recently heard how they supposedly found the jimmy john bull and if its true its even more disgusting then all the things listed above.

I have never heard any of these things about Wards.  

What's the story about the Jimmy John bull?

Just because one losses his Guide Lic. from the G&F,  Does not mean he can NOT be an Outfitter/Business owner.

He can still hire guides to take clients.    It has happened to many a "Famous" Guide / Outfitters, still in business.

12 hours ago, oz31p said:

Please show your work 

I just remember reading the fines that would get posted I believe monthly. They would post the case and name the people followed by the plea and the fines. It may have been a sub forum when Terry had his website.

2 hours ago, maximus said:

What's the story about the Jimmy John bull?

Even though I am seriously not an A3 fan I only heard the story from one person and not here or anywhere else so I'd rather not post misinformation if it's not true.  Also I don't know if the guy or guys who "found" the bull actually works for A3 or another outfit.

7 minutes ago, CatfishKev said:

Even though I am seriously not an A3 fan I only heard the story from one person and not here or anywhere else so I'd rather not post misinformation if it's not true.  Also I don't know if the guy or guys who "found" the bull actually works for A3 or another outfit.

There’s a YouTube video about the whole thing. Search Rogue Outdoorsmen

Just now, 654321 said:

Is that the video where he filmed the hunt? I saw that, dont think how A3 found the bull was mentioned.

44 minutes ago, 654321 said:

I think he got 6 free sandwiches for that.  

• Haha 2