Hoss50

School me on getting suppressors

13 hours ago, bigorange said:

Educate me on this…can you use .30 cal on smaller calibers effectively? Or am I just gullible and missing another joke here?

Absolutely.  If you are only going to have one suppressor, a .308 cal is the way to go. From 17 to .308 and everything in between.

I use my Ultra 9 in .308 on my 6 Creedmoor, 25SST, .280AI, 28 Nosler.  

I use my Dominus in .308 on a 6.5SS 26", 7SS, and will use it on my .260AI when it is done.

I use my 6.5mm Ultra 7 on my 6.5SLR, 6.5SS 20", and will use it on my 25 Creedmoor when I build it next year.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, lancetkenyon said:

Absolutely.  If you are only going to have one suppressor, a .308 cal is the way to go. From 17 to .308 and everything in between.

I use my Ultra 9 in .308 on my 6 Creedmoor, 25SST, .280AI, 28 Nosler.  

I use my Dominus in .308 on a 6.5SS 26", 7SS, and will use it on my .260AI when it is done.

I use my 6.5mm Ultra 7 on my 6.5SLR, 6.5SS 20", and will use it on my 25 Creedmoor when I build it next year.

Great to know…not sure why I’d never thought about this possibility and I guess it’s never come up that I’ve seen. 

1 hour ago, bigorange said:

Great to know…not sure why I’d never thought about this possibility and I guess it’s never come up that I’ve seen. 

Thats why I went with thunder best. Just put the break on each rifle and swap the can. They even have threaded flash hiders for ARs that you can attach the can to.

• Like 2

Has anyone done a Form 1 Solvent Trap, any negatives with that? Seems cheaper and quicker so there must be a catch. 

Ok now I'm seriously looking into a can and have it down to two silencer co omega or scilencer central banish anyone running eathier can and have pros and cons before I get the ball rolling.

I have yet to receive mY banish 30 gold. Have a buddy who has the same one and loves it. Doesn’t have any complaints so far. He has had it for a year or so.  And have heard nothing but good stuff about the omega as well. But don’t know anyone who has one. I think either way your gonna be happy. 

• Thanks 1

On 12/16/2021 at 6:32 PM, Hoss50 said:

Has anyone done a Form 1 Solvent Trap, any negatives with that? Seems cheaper and quicker so there must be a catch. 

I looked into those but at the time i think they have been confiscating them all that were coming from overseas. Theres a couple companies here i think that sell kits that are more expensive though.

8 hours ago, Crazymonkey said:

Ok now I'm seriously looking into a can and have it down to two silencer co omega or scilencer central banish anyone running eathier can and have pros and cons before I get the ball rolling.

I’ve got a banish 30, a banish 22 and another banish 30 on the way.  No experience with the omega so can’t give you pros and cons but I like the banish 30.  I looked at the gold instead on my second one as it’s QR but it’s longer then the regular banish 30 and I felt like every inch counts when it comes to suppressed rifles as you take a huge hit on velocity dropping to a 18-22” barrel to make it a reasonable hunting length.  

• Thanks 1

On 12/16/2021 at 6:32 PM, Hoss50 said:

I went with a form 1 build first to see if I really wanted to invest in getting into the suppressor game. I purchased a kit from jkarmament and submitted my form 1 online. The kit is developed for the end user so it’s not some cheap tube from eBay. I was cleared in 28 days and was legally cleared to drill. I’ve loved it so far some of my buddies that have bigger name suppressors are shocked by the quality. This kit did its job and convinced me to invest in a legitimate suppressor so I’m more willing to invest in the wait time now.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, smoneal86 said:

I went with a form 1 build first to see if I really wanted to invest in getting into the suppressor game. I purchased a kit from jkarmament and submitted my form 1 online. The kit is developed for the end user so it’s not some cheap tube from eBay. I was cleared in 28 days and was legally cleared to drill. I’ve loved it so far some of my buddies that have bigger name suppressors are shocked by the quality. This kit did its job and convinced me to invest in a legitimate suppressor so I’m more willing to invest in the wait time now.

I just did the scilencer central route yesterday and there saying that they will be able to e file the paperwork to the atf starting Tuesdays and will be faster to get out of supressor jail .I kinda doubt it but we will see probably just a sales pitch.

The dude I dealt with at silencer central was pretty straight forward. He told me anywhere from 8 months to a year. At least that’s where the ATF was at during the time period I ordered mine. Which was right about what the website that tracks timeframes for tax stamps said as well

Alright suppressor gurus I’m in a big of bind. I ordered a can and created my account with the ATF but I can’t remember the pin I setup the account with. Is there anyway to recover the pin? 

12 hours ago, Bubba85 said:

Alright suppressor gurus I’m in a big of bind. I ordered a can and created my account with the ATF but I can’t remember the pin I setup the account with. Is there anyway to recover the pin? 

Have you tried contacting them?