Hoss50

School me on getting suppressors

I got two right before Christmas and just got a email that they got all my paperwork and fingerprint cards last week .so I guess I'm waiting for the confirmation that they sent it all e- filed to the atf.I ordered thru silencer central.sounds like the kiosk system is quicker as it does your fingerprints and you don't have the delay in the mail process.

10 hours ago, Crazymonkey said:

I got two right before Christmas and just got a email that they got all my paperwork and fingerprint cards last week .so I guess I'm waiting for the confirmation that they sent it all e- filed to the atf.I ordered thru silencer central.sounds like the kiosk system is quicker as it does your fingerprints and you don't have the delay in the mail process.

I’m on 14 months with my current wait through them so don’t get your hopes up.  

Got the call from Healy's last night that I was approved pick up my suppressor. For any keeping track, I went through my trust and submitted on 2/19/21, approved on 2/8/22. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, rossislider said:

Got the call from Healy's last night that I was approved pick up my suppressor. For any keeping track, I went through my trust and submitted on 2/19/21, approved on 2/8/22. 

dang I was hoping it was going to be getting quicker. Thankfully I have a couple already but I'm waiting on two from July. 

41 minutes ago, rossislider said:

when did they cash your check? 2/19?

Buy  new one every year, that way it os like Christmas everytime.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Edge said:

I wonder if the agency has any bridges for sale?

ATF Moves to Speed up Silencer, Short-Barrel Rifle Registration Process

https://thereload.com/atf-moves-to-speed-up-silencer-short-barrel-rifle-registration-process/

Or.....

1776511978_8ce82182f47e82fa62234bcfc2948312bc12d5a15012f1f31d8be1120ebec988_12.jpg.c30ba3128f5ecc0b10f2c8f6703f0b2d.jpg

We used tennis balls when I was a kid.  On a 22 rifle.  Worked pretty good

• Like 1

Finally got the call that my e-forms were sent to the atf today.I guess the info was they had issues taking payment and it screwed up the system.So I'm 2 months since I ordered them and there saying the e-forms are 90 days or less so the count down is on .I doubt I'll see them in the 90 day window

My latest:  Check cashed 3/9/21, stamp approved 2/11/22.  330 days.  Expect my FFL to call in the next week or two.

On 12/11/2021 at 8:07 AM, rossislider said:

I have a question for all of you gurus. I bought my Omega 300 about 10 months ago and hopefully will have it before too much longer. This one should cover the majority of my rifles. But, like rifles, 10 is better than 1 right? So what suppressor do you recommend for my next (rifle not handgun).

Circling back to this. Just ordered my next suppressor. After reading and watching material on a lot of them, I was leaning towards the TBAC ultra 9. I had Mark Healy trying to track one down for a while (no where has had any in stock for some time). He reached out to me and said after talking with his guy about it again at Silencer Shop, the Silencer Shop guys strongly suggested I look into the CGS Hyperion given what I wanted out of it. I'm glad he did. Based upon the literature, reviews, videos, and Pew Science rating, I am so glad he recommended it. Now the waiting part.

Side note, if you aren't familiar with Pew Science, I highly recommend it when shopping for suppressors.

https://pewscience.com/rankings