Sign in to follow this  
MULEPACKHUNTER

Cold squirrel hunt

I am 100 percent sold on wall tents!! We got hammered with one heck of a winter storm Tuesday. Was a nice reset from desert days. 
no squirrels were harmed which was to be expected. Not a soul in the woods. 

316514A9-6325-4CAF-881C-26629575C350.jpeg

• Like 9

Awesome! 
Did you bring the ponies?

no ponies this trip, knew the storm was coming and dint want to deal with frozen leather. was only 5 inches or so but it rained first so would have been tuff riding with that ice underneath. couldnt use the trucks Wednesday even in 4x4 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, MULEPACKHUNTER said:

no ponies this trip, knew the storm was coming and dint want to deal with frozen leather. was only 5 inches or so but it rained first so would have been tuff riding with that ice underneath. couldnt use the trucks Wednesday even in 4x4 

I was back in about 10 miles through Purgatory one year and riding into a spot where I had seen some elk the day before. Left camp about 30 minutes before sunlight and was a few miles from camp going down the trail into some trees when the horse started doing the Seabiscuit Shuffle on about two inches of ice.

Thought for sure he was going to go down with me on him which would have sucked since my buddy and one of the outfitters hands weren't headed that way until mid morning, at best. That damed horses eyes got wide open and as we slid to one side I dug my heels into his sides and held on. Fortunately, he had the good sense to lung forward and got us outta that mess. It was all over in about 5 seconds. Never did tag an elk though.

Looks like it did last year in 6a for the muzzleloader hunt blew snow on the way in .no horses but 4x4 truck went to start it on day 3 and dead battery good thing my dad was there with his truck but it was fun getting out for batteries sorry the pic won't rotate

1110201236_Burst01.jpg

12 minutes ago, Crazymonkey said:

Looks like it did last year in 6a for the muzzleloader hunt blew snow on the way in .no horses but 4x4 truck went to start it on day 3 and dead battery good thing my dad was there with his truck but it was fun getting out for batteries sorry the pic won't rotate

1110201236_Burst01.jpg

looks like Joe Biden has turned your world upside down too.

• Haha 1