Sign in to follow this  
CatfishKev

A coues with my kid, and a puppy

First shout out to members Hucker (and Ray), for coming out to help glass when i didnt even know he was gonna be there and Zackcarp for letting me hang my deer in his cooler. I love this website and i am thankful to be a part of it. Awesome guys on here,  cant really even put it into words. 

Well last week i was horn hunting for mule deer, but sunday evening my middle boy Caliche said hed go out for the evening hunt so horn hunting took the back burner. Got to the spot and saw a dude walking up the hill and my heart kinda sank. Turned out member hucker and his buddy were also out there bird hunting and the guy walking up the hill was another archer heading to where we were gonna go. Stayed near the truck to glass but didnt see much.  Headed out early the next morning. Got loaded up at the truck, said a quick prayer with my boy and headed out. Once at our spot i could see some black dots out in the distance i knew were deer. We got set up and it looke like they were all does, after awhile we saw a couple were small muley bucks, just then noticed 2 coues bucks coming in from our right. I looked at my phone an saw a text from hucker and ray.. "theres 2 muley bucks out there right now", dang Hucker and Ray came out to glass for me and i didnt even know they were there! We stayed long enough to make sure the big buck i was after wasnt around and decided to give chase. Everything was in my favor, clear path to where to start my stalk,  the wind and a perfect little wash that led right to where the 2 bucks were standing. I was able to sneak up to 30 yards. Draw back and let loose, the buck jumped and ran 20 feet and started to hobble around for a second before laying down. I approached slowly to make sure, and he was already expired.  Well i didnt know it but Hucker sent me another text while on my stalk "the big buck is out there right now!" Well... never saw the text and later my son was like i saw a big buck out there while you were stalking,  i said how big? "He was freakin huge", lol oh well!  Im happy and wouldnt trade in a successful stalk for my boy to watch at all, im stoked he was willing to get up early and go hike in the cold just to hang out with his pops.  I called momma and she came out with my daughter and my new puppy she got me for Christmas for some pics. Meet Buck my new boston terrier pup. Hes now got to see 2 deer harvests and hes by my side all the time, love that little pup! 

Like i said, Bucky follows me everywhere...

20211221_184017.thumb.jpg.7db9a1877c1f4cb5b74266c874395d0d.jpg

20211225_094855.thumb.jpg.7b889fea8ce6eb38b742b10c38b9a8ff.jpg

• Like 25
  • Love 1
  • Great Buck! 1
  • Wow! 2

Wow, great writeup! Merry Christmas and thank you for sharing a great family hunting memory!

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Flatlander said:

Congrats Kev! The real question is, did you wear your heels on the stalk?

They are the quietest 

• Like 1

Nah, heels get stuck in the dirt.  When a handsome lady needs ankle support its all about the black leather Gucci boots.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Congrats buddy super cool to have the kids there with you. And thanks for willing me some luck haha Think I Shot mine as your text was coming through 😁

• Like 1

Hey Kev, if you let that new puppy ride in your skivvies every day, by the time he is 30# it will seem like the most natural thing in the world.  Might need a new belt and some pants though😊

• Like 1