Yuma Outdoorsman

2021 Rut....

52 minutes ago, trphyhntr said:

I can’t get enough of watching mature desert mule deer bucks. I don’t want this month to end 

I need to get back out 

• Like 1

This am. Has been 🔥.  Have buddies in town from ND.  So far they've missed one shot and currently stalking another good buck. 165ish.  7th buck of the am already

• Like 2

In my area the rut has been better than the last 2-3 years...

I missed a buck in his bed yesterday at 51 yards that clipped a little twig a few yards in front of him that flew the arrow way left. Heartbreaking...

61 yards again this AM from a 6+ year old heavy 180+" 4X4 but the little bucks wouldn't keep screwing with his does and I got in the middle of a revolving rut fest which is never good. I crawled 300 yards I bet but only moved 80...lol

• Wow! 3

1 hour ago, Big or Bust said:

In my area the rut has been better than the last 2-3 years...

I missed a buck in his bed yesterday at 51 yards that clipped a little twig a few yards in front of him that flew the arrow way left. Heartbreaking...

61 yards again this AM from a 6+ year old heavy 180+" 4X4 but the little bucks wouldn't keep screwing with his does and I got in the middle of a revolving rut fest which is never good. I crawled 300 yards I bet but only moved 80...lol

Man that sounds amazing. Hope you stick one soon!

22 hours ago, trphyhntr said:

What is life if you’re not out looking at mule deer right now 

It sucks, that's what. Will be Friday or next week before I can get out.

• Like 1

Today was slower than yesterday where I was.  Still saw 4 bucks but saw lots of does without bucks as well.  ND boys have blown 4 stalks and missed twice.  They have 2 more days to fill a couple of tags.  

• Like 1

Ever since I messed up on Sunday hunting has been tougher me, I could have shot a small buck at 43 yards this morning from my glassing spot he just stood there. I can’t seem to turn up the bigger ones I was hunting. 

Love reading all these stories and seeing the photos of everyone’s success! Good luck to those who are still out there trying to get it done and congrats to those who closed the deal!

• Like 2

Saw 3 big bunches of does yesterday. Only one buck. With 6 bonus points he wasn’t big enough to sit out the year.  

• Like 3

23 hours ago, idgaf said:

Road kill this morning

IMG_20220115_102216.thumb.jpg.cb353b61a41369cedc7902523567813b.jpgIMG_20220115_102211.thumb.jpg.e8d9ad0e3f5869550c03a30ebb881f72.jpgIMG_20220115_102207.thumb.jpg.1eca2bdebc32a08c3c2fbd86769de5d8.jpg

That's too bad

ND boys finished 0 for 3 on shots.  They both had 5 stalks+ in 4 days.  Rut was good for the most part, only 1 stud buck, most others were 3x3's.  1 real wide super forker was king shhiit of about 25 does on rotation.  He's a cool looking buck but not worth a resident January tag.