Sign in to follow this  
couesdan

Wtb muzzle cap

30 minutes ago, matt said:

So you’re looking for a thread protector?

That's what it sounds like he wants. 

Sorry guys. I’m looking for the thread protector. 
My little girl was been shooting it with a muzzle brake. Even though she is wearing hearing protection she doesn’t like the muzzle blast. She shoots her brothers 6.5x 284 and creed and preferred the recoil rather than the muzzle blast. 

Im 99% sure you need a 5/8 x 24 thread protector, but I'm 100% sure you need a suppressor.  For the thread protector, try calling Ruger customer service and see it they will send you a free one (it happens sometimes) if not free they can at least get you one that has the right outside diameter.  

• Like 4

You gotta watch these guys with the suppressor talk it will get you in trouble quick.I just ordered 2 a 30cal and a 22 cal .$2200 bucks later I'm surprised the wife is still talking to me. But you get the best of both worlds less felt recoil and a lot less noise.

• Haha 3

2 minutes ago, Crazymonkey said:

You gotta watch these guys with the suppressor talk it will get you in trouble quick.I just ordered 2 a 30cal and a 22 cal .$2200 bucks later I'm surprised the wife is still talking to me. But you get the best of both worlds less felt recoil and a lot less noise.

welcome to the party.  A 22 can is a gateway drug btw.  

• Like 4

4 hours ago, couesdan said:

Sorry guys. I’m looking for the thread protector. 
My little girl was been shooting it with a muzzle brake. Even though she is wearing hearing protection she doesn’t like the muzzle blast. She shoots her brothers 6.5x 284 and creed and preferred the recoil rather than the muzzle blast. 

You might try a different muzzle brake. Some are awful for blast and some are very pleasant. 

my 9year old girl shoot a 300wm with a good brake with no back blast 

2 hours ago, Sky Island junkie said:

I believe I’ve got one you can have. You in Tucson I’m assuming? I can get ahold of you later today if I find it and you still need it

Thank you. I’m in Sahuarita. I appreciate that.

1 hour ago, oz31p said:

You might try a different muzzle brake. Some are awful for blast and some are very pleasant. 

my 9year old girl shoot a 300wm with a good brake with no back blast 

She shoots my 7 rum. 

I believe the break on the creed is a little bastard II, it’s super efficient. Has almost no recoil but is super loud!!
thank you for help amigo. 

On 12/29/2021 at 7:16 AM, Sky Island junkie said:

I believe I’ve got one you can have. You in Tucson I’m assuming? I can get ahold of you later today if I find it and you still need it

I was nice to meet you. Thank you for taking your time to meet me. I appreciate very much.