zslayer

Which Hunting Rig?

Looking at getting a new hunting rig that is good for getting me into some rough areas.  Im looking for something small and compact suv.   What are you guys running?  

not looking for a side by side but something I can flat tow behind my pickup.   Was looking into something like a Suzuki Grand Vitara.

Geo trackers ride better than anything i’ve been in other than a sxs. The newer fuel injected ones with a hard top are slick. Not much room in the backseat but plenty up front. 

• Like 1

Jeep cherokee XJ . Good luck

• Like 3

3rd gen (1996-2002) 4Runners are pretty hard to beat.  If you can find one with the rear locking differential they are great awesome!

• Like 5

I have a Cherokee. But if I was flat towing, I would get a geo.  One of the most over looked little rigs out there.  Don't look great, and not much after market fun things to add on.  But they flat out go places.  and they are inexpensive compared to other rigs.

• Like 1

On 1/7/2022 at 11:43 AM, runningbird said:

I have a Cherokee. But if I was flat towing, I would get a geo.  One of the most over looked little rigs out there.  Don't look great, and not much after market fun things to add on.  But they flat out go places.  and they are inexpensive compared to other rigs.

Yes I have heard good things about them.  I  will give them a good look.

I have been doing more and more research on those Vitara’s.   They look hard to beat! (Size and money) Some of the off-road videos are impressive.

I will never talk about bad vitaras. cuz when I sold it for her, I listed on Craigslist for $500 over retail price and some dude came and bought it  first day. 

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, trphyhntr said:

I will never talk about bad vitaras. cuz when I sold it for her, I listed on Craigslist for $500 over retail price and some dude came and bought it  first day. 

I can tell you they are not that easy  to find.  Looks like I will more than likely have to fly out/drive back once I find what I’m looking for.   $500 over and being local was still a good deal haha

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Tradman said:

4runner or a GX 470/GX 460

I tried so hard to get a gx470 2 years ago, the prices on those today are just incredible. They’re untouchable. I always notice them going down the road now, I still want to get one. 

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, trphyhntr said:

I tried so hard to get a gx470 2 years ago, the prices on those today are just incredible. They’re untouchable. I always notice them going down the road now, I still want to get one. 

Yeah that’s one of the big problems, they make you pay for them!  Another reason for looking hard at the Suzuki’s.   You can get them for dang good prices if you’re patient.

I had a 16 Trail 4runner, sold it and picked up a 17 GX460. 2.5 in Ironman lift on it. So far everything I've thrown at it, it has handled. Both are a good choice. Older Toyota pickups are good as well. Throw a camper on it and your good to go.

• Like 1