Sign in to follow this  
Esiegel91

Feeling a bit discouraged

I'm switching to back tension due to my experience on latest hunt. Between the time I ranged and then clipped in my release the elk had moved and I feel leaving a back tension already clipped on would have given me the few seconds I needed to range properly and shoot quickly. My wrist release slowed me down.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

On 1/7/2022 at 9:09 PM, Green Bullet said:

You suck. Hang it up and focus on fishing Or golf

man up bro   What do you want?  the internet to make you feel good….  Fight through adversity like anything else in life and make adjustments to achieve your desired outcome   Sometimes it’s just a matter of bad luck but crying to a bunch of internet cowboys (I include myself in that statement) is meek  and shows a lack of character   Grow up   

LOL

I appriciate you’re honesty brother, whether I needed to read that or not you’re absolutely right. Thanks. On to golf! Lololol

On 1/8/2022 at 9:51 AM, Explorer said:

I'm switching to back tension due to my experience on latest hunt. Between the time I ranged and then clipped in my release the elk had moved and I feel leaving a back tension already clipped on would have given me the few seconds I needed to range properly and shoot quickly. My wrist release slowed me down.

so the back tensions just hang on your string the whole time? 

On 1/8/2022 at 9:51 AM, Explorer said:

I’ve thought about this before too…then it seems like it takes longer to properly trigger the back tension release (at least it felt that way when I tried one out) so I’m not sure it would be any faster for me. 

1 hour ago, trphyhntr said:

I think it’s like any hand-held release without a wrist strap…can leave it clipped to the string. 

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Esiegel91 said:

I appriciate you’re honesty brother, whether I needed to read that or not you’re absolutely right. Thanks. On to golf! Lololol

Lol.   I appreciate your attitude.   It’ll happen.    Just stick with it. 

I could never master back tension in a hunting situation but used one 75% of the time practicing.  I had the yips so bad I could invent ways to punch the trigger. Back tension pretty much cured me of that. It carried over into hunting.  I used an HME T handle with an index finger button. It could be shot similar to a hinge. 

• Like 1

19 hours ago, trphyhntr said:

No was confused with thumb release

17 hours ago, bigorange said:

I think it’s like any hand-held release without a wrist strap…can leave it clipped to the string. 

No I was confusing back tension with thumb release. Mistake of the wrist release dinosaur I am. Gotta update my tech.

• Like 1

On 1/18/2022 at 1:11 PM, Green Bullet said:

And I apologize for my snarky response.  

No apology necessary, I really did need to hear it.  Having a hard time finding bucks today, found all the does on this mountain today lol just no bucks to make a play on as of yet. 

Don’t feel bad, I’ve shot a handful of bucks with my bow, and it still feels impossible and discouraging most days. 
the key to success for me is to just keep trying anyways!

• Like 1