zackcarp

Antis at it again. Lions and Bears.

1 hour ago, runningbird said:

sorry to say, but hunters and fisherman in general are lazy when it comes to the political part of our sport.  We would rather spend our precious free time outdoors.  On the other hand the anti's love and spend their time fighting for what they want or believe in.  

Why the heck do we have to make sure azgfd knows we like hunting? Don't they know that? Sportsman spending millions of dollars a year in az isn't enough "love and time" spent fighting for what we believe in? How far would azgfd get if they didn't have the money from all of us to do what they do?

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

12 hours ago, Flatlander said:

Public agencies who manage public resources are required to have a formal process for public input. If the anti’s flood the public comment process with requests to end lion, bear and bobcat hunting then if the department doesn’t consider those comments, the anti’s can sue the department on some liberal court and object to the policies, taking wildlife management away from science and into politics.

Amber was likely doing hunters a favor by speaking up in a meeting with a well organized sportsmen group who could mount a response.

Email your pro hunting comments here:

AZHuntGuidelines@azgfd.gov

This is strange to me. I always thought part of azgfd job was to help protect our rights to hunt. 

• Like 5

Life was simple when hippies were dirty and poor. Game and Fish is nothing more than bureaucratic bs at its normal operating level. And we need to start fighting the bad guys with their own tactics. keyboard warriors are slowly winning.

• Like 4

So how often, out of the blue, do I need to tell the G&F that I support hunting? I mean besides the 6-8 tags me and my son apply for each and every year and our yearly purchase of a hunting license and OTC BEAR, deer, lion, javelina tags? 

• Like 2

34 minutes ago, trphyhntr said:

This is strange to me. I always thought part of azgfd job was to help protect our rights to hunt. 

I don't think you'll find in the AZ constitution the "right to hunt". 

1 hour ago, trphyhntr said:

Just ban it all I’m tired of hearing about it. 

It seems you have plenty of time to be on this website, takes the same amount of time to send a quick comment to the AZGFD about the hunt guidelines.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, 654321 said:

It seems you have plenty of time to be on this website, takes the same amount of time to send a quick comment to the AZGFD about the hunt guidelines.

Did I piss in your Cheerios? I did my writing with money, buying a lion tag the other day. 

• Like 2

I find it hard to believe that this anti lion hunting sentiment is anything new. Were hunters writing in before to keep lion hunting around in previous years?   

12 minutes ago, trphyhntr said:

I find it hard to believe that this anti lion hunting sentiment is anything new. Were hunters writing in before to keep lion hunting around in previous years?   

I think its more a of a national group that targets different states at different  times. Its just AZ turn bc our regulations are open for public comments.

• Thanks 1

Just don't bring in the tag grab people to save hunting for the ignorant majority,  Hunting didn't stop like they promised it would.

• Like 1

Once these groups get it on the ballot, it’ll be game over for us. The demographics have change here in Arizona and the sentiments of the 1980’s are long gone. We’re trying to keep this out of the Legislature. Again, once there, you’ll only be able to enjoy predator activity with your camera. 

Rather than thump your chest with bravado about how many tags you spend your money on, it wouldn’t hurt to write a letter. 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

Bravado? Idk why you’re getting mad at me. I think most people think the same way I do in regards to buying tags as showing support.  

I don’t understand why this isnt mentioned on AZGFD website if we’re close to losing hunts. Maybe I missed it on there, but I see no mention of any of this. 

• Like 1