Hey guys, me and my cousin  were supposed to be flying into Tucson Jan 19-26 from Georgia to hunt bow-hunt couse in the border units, but now he can't come and I'm determined to make this trip happen still! Iv never been to AZ before but I have bow hunted deer successfully in several other states. I plan on renting a vehicle in Tucson and driving south till I see what I'm looking for, whether it be game, or good habitat for glassing/spot and stalk. I'm going to look for camping close by or just sleep on the side of the road in the bushes. I will probably live off peanuts and crackers and plan on buying a sleeping bag and throwing it away at the end of the journey unless y'all say there will be trees to hang a hammock. I plan on bringing a pistol, iv heard stories of the illegals but I'm 28 and pretty hard headed and just looking for a good adventure/hunt. Anyways anyone want to team up? Offer any advice? Or try to talk me out of it. Any help is welcome. Thanks to all!!! Also I kinda had 35a as a starting point but any other feedback is welcome!

Bring lots of water and a gps.

• Like 1

All good advice.  If you’re renting a car be sure there’s a spare and jack as you’ll probably wreck a tire if you climb out of the flats anywhere.   There’s deer all over that unit and plenty of hammock trees in the canyons.  

• Like 1

Google bark scorpions

• Like 1

On 1/7/2022 at 8:16 PM, Gabuckthief said:

Hey guys, me and my cousin  were supposed to be flying into Tucson Jan 19-26 from Georgia to hunt bow-hunt couse in the border units, but now he can't come and I'm determined to make this trip happen still! Iv never been to AZ before but I have bow hunted deer successfully in several other states. I plan on renting a vehicle in Tucson and driving south till I see what I'm looking for, whether it be game, or good habitat for glassing/spot and stalk. I'm going to look for camping close by or just sleep on the side of the road in the bushes. I will probably live off peanuts and crackers and plan on buying a sleeping bag and throwing it away at the end of the journey unless y'all say there will be trees to hang a hammock. I plan on bringing a pistol, iv heard stories of the illegals but I'm 28 and pretty hard headed and just looking for a good adventure/hunt. Anyways anyone want to team up? Offer any advice? Or try to talk me out of it. Any help is welcome. Thanks to all!!! Also I kinda had 35a as a starting point but any other feedback is welcome!

If you are still coming send me a PM and I’ll send you to an area that will not disappoint. Remember, any info us residents give is a gift so please treat it as such! 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Markleo21377 said:

If you are still coming send me a PM and I’ll send you to an area that will not disappoint. Remember, any info us residents give is a gift so please treat it as such! 

Did you get a buck in 3c

21 minutes ago, trphyhntr said:

Did you get a buck in 3c

Yup, fantastic hunt…lot’s going on so no write up yet…topped it off with a beautiful coues yesterday on a 3 hr stalk

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1