Sign in to follow this  
vitalzone

Lion,Bobcat, Bear Hunting Future

Message sent. Kids don't get put in unless they send one also..jk. wondering if places that do not allow hunting have complacency issues on the opposing side. This reminds me of osha training. Complacency equals accidents!

This pic is why we need predator control. We lost 20 goats to a lion in two nights. Just 1 of the pens pictured. Yes I'm an eye witness to the lion at 1AM in my pj's and no gun in hand. 

20211128_071607.jpg

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

4 hours ago, Calhuon said:

This pic is why we need predator control. We lost 20 goats to a lion in two nights. Just 1 of the pens pictured. Yes I'm an eye witness to the lion at 1AM in my pj's and no gun in hand. 

20211128_071607.jpg

Mighty strange, Mt. lions don't normally thrill kill. This looks more like the work of dogs or wolves.

Could there have been more than one lion...like several? Maybe a momma teaching a couple youngins.

2 hours ago, photofool said:

Mighty strange, Mt. lions don't normally thrill kill. This looks more like the work of dogs or wolves.

What ever it was pretty devastating......I've had a similar look at my chicken coop but it was wild dogs that hit my chickens. NOT a fun site!!!

It is possible there were two but I only saw 1. Tracks indicate 2. We had dogs on them for 3 days but the lion slipped away. First loss in 30yrs of raising sheep, goats and mules.

• Like 1

My family had 20 chickens killed in one night. They only took one to eat. It was bobcat because we killed them when they came back the next day to feed. We intentionally left the kills untouched hoping they would return.

I used howl for wildlife to send comments to a lot of departments.  Great organization. 

20 hours ago, photofool said:

Often times if a female with kittens can't get the animal to the kittens or kittens to the animal it will keep killing not understanding of course that they are all locked up. Happens up here with friends of mine from time to time. 

I did a bear hunt in Idaho with a guide who was also hired by G&F to cull a lion. He said the one cat had killed 17 grown elk in a few weeks and every one just had a few chunks eaten. Not true that they all just kill what they need to eat.