Sign in to follow this  
CatfishKev

Got my first muley!

Wow great buck, will be tough to beat.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, CatfishKev said:

Well, mutiple arrows.  My buddies found him on the rifle hunt but killed a didferent buck last hours of last days. Even though i was with them for the majority of the hunt i never personally saw him. I only knew he was there because they told me. 

Stalked to 20 yards and waited for him to take 2 steps from behind a bush. Well the doe he was on made a beeline to me and i knew she was gonna bust me so i drew back and stood up, only had a front shot so i took it.  He fell forward and laid down while i scrambled to knock one of my last 2 arrows. He jumped up and started to trot around me and i tried to lead him an let the next arrow go.  That one ended up in his hind quarter went through the opposite quarter and broke his femur. He was trotting and stopping so i had a perfext broadside shot and i took one more st him with my emergency arrow that jad a damaged vane.  Well i shouda ranged him again but i didnt, it him him and he dropped straight down and i thought that was it.  Well it wasnt...  when i got back to him he jumped up again. At this point i freaked out a bit and decided to go to where he last stood and walk the blood trail backward to find one of my arrows to finish him off. Once i did both arrows nocks were broken so i had to use my leatherman to make a makeshift nock. Snuck back up and double lunged him and watched him expire. I felt bad for the poor guy and im very thankful i was able to finish him without him suffering too long.  Buck fever is real man, im not a peffect archer at all bit i absolutely love archery.  If i didnt get all jacked up on adrenaline whenever im close to letting an arrow fly i would probably quit hunting.  

We're going to be expecting a youtube video on how to do makeshift nock repair using Leatherman tool.   😁

• Like 4

That is one WILD story haha. Glad you were able to stick with him and get it done. Congratulation on going 2 for 2 this season! I bet you’ve been enjoying some good meat the past few weeks