Curtis Reed

Anyone use the Hillsound BTR?

I have an older steel 3 leg glassing stool that I need to move on from due to weight. I saw on outdoorsman’s the Hillsound BTR stool. Does anyone use it?  Opinions?  At 12oz seems like a no brainer 

REI trail stool is super light, i still take a pad to sit on while using to keep blood flowing to my legs though. 

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Track_R6 said:

I have one and it’s awesome!!!! Super lightweight, and sturdy

+1, I have one also and couldn't be happier.

• Like 1

They are super light weight and compact.   I believe weight limit is 240#.   I use the 18” walkstool, I love it!  Little heavier, little bulkier but not much and has a little wider seat and super stout.   I believe the weight limit on the walkstool is like 450# or something crazy which explains how stout it is.   I don’t notice it all while packing, just rides in my side water bottle pocket on the side of my pack.

• Like 2

I have broken 3 btr stools in about 14 months. They have been great about the warranty and sending another one but it gets annoying having to resubmit all the stuff each time. I think they work great on flat terrain but in sand or rocky conditions the legs snap off way to easy. I don't bring as much anymore just cause I am afraid i will have to be sitting on a rock for the remainder of the hunt cause it broke.

I bought one last year and love it so far. The seat is on the smaller side but you get used to it after a couple times of using it. 

10 hours ago, Flashgun said:

I have broken 3 btr stools in about 14 months. They have been great about the warranty and sending another one but it gets annoying having to resubmit all the stuff each time. I think they work great on flat terrain but in sand or rocky conditions the legs snap off way to easy. I don't bring as much anymore just cause I am afraid i will have to be sitting on a rock for the remainder of the hunt cause it broke.

I have used mine on rocks, rocky and soft dirt no sand. I guess I’ve been fortunate so far. That does sound like a huge pain having to resubmit each time though

I’ve used one for about two years. Super light weight and comfortable. My last outing on my December deer hunt, the dang leg snapped while sitting on it. Forced me to sit on a cold rock the rest of the morning. I’m about 215lbs, so under the weight limit. I’m going to purchase a walkstool instead of the BTR. The unfortunate part, besides the leg breaking, is that the stool was given to me as a gift and because I don’t have a receipt, they won’t exchange it. 

• Like 1

I busted a BTR in about 6 months. I only tried the BTR because the seat was tearing on my original Walkstool (6 years old), the BTR always felt flimsy under my butt and I wasn't surprised when it imploded haha. Never tried to have them warranty it either

Replaced the seat on my Walkstool and got another year before the internal hinge busted. Already had a replacement walkstool waiting on deck

• Like 1

On 1/19/2022 at 4:26 AM, Flashgun said:

+1 on this - I went through two BTRs, both only saw a few outings before falling apart.. and each one failed in a different way. Bought it through gohunt and those guys were awesome about sending the replacement and then just refunding my money after the second one went.. i'd go with another brand

Shoot.  Just ordered a BTR after reading reviews.  They all looked good.  Now I’m seeing some not so good ones.  I got the 14” instead of the 17.  Maybe that’ll keep the breaking down.  That thing could be dangerous if it broke on you!

1 hour ago, yotebuster said:

Shoot.  Just ordered a BTR after reading reviews.  They all looked good.  Now I’m seeing some not so good ones.  I got the 14” instead of the 17.  Maybe that’ll keep the breaking down.  That thing could be dangerous if it broke on you!

I bought a used 14” and plan on using it a lot this year. 

• Like 1

Mine only lasted a month in sheep country glassing.  Outdoorsman were great and sent me a new one. Hope this last longer. I guess we will see this season